Help with Women's pants brand for Pear shape (bigger thighs)

Replies

• MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    After losing 50lbs. and hitting my goal I am also 29" waist, 40" hips and 22" upper thighs (just had to run and measure that since I never looked before). I've been happy with the Gloria Vanderbilt jeans at Costco - for $14.99 (sometimes $11.99 on sale). I was wearing size 18 Short when I started and now wear size 8 Short. For a while I was just buying two pair as my size was going down.

NOTE: Depending on where they are manufactured makes a difference. Sri Lanka and Egypt ones fit me perfectly. Bangladesh are too tight. Though I am 5'2" I didn't like the fit of the Petite GV that I tried on at Kohls.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I have had similar measurements to you and really like Paige jeans.
  • arditarose
    I think Hudson jeans work well too, but I never liked the pockets on them so have been reluctant to buy. Also AG have nice roomy cuts.

These are all on the pricey side but you can find them in stores like Century 21, Marshalls, etc for lower prices.
  • mallomary
    mallomary Posts: 11 Member
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    socajam wrote: »
    Definitely not cheap

I agree that NYDJ are not cheap, but jeans can last for a very long time if you take care of them. I prefer to spend many in a good pair of jeans that fits my body nicely rather than wear something that makes me look older than I am (and I am older!) and totally unflattering. But we are all different.

Try Nordstrom Rack. I just got two pairs for a little under $100 and I love them.

• arditarose
    Definitely not cheap

I agree that NYDJ are not cheap, but jeans can last for a very long time if you take care of them. I prefer to spend many in a good pair of jeans that fits my body nicely rather than wear something that makes me look older than I am (and I am older!) and totally unflattering. But we are all different.

Agreed. The jeans I like usually run around $200. If I can find them at Marshalls for 60-80 I usually think it's a steal. You don't need that many pairs of jeans either and the good ones last years.
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    I've had some luck with JMS (Just My Size) although I think their web site has changed to Hanes now. It's been hit or miss lately with their jeans. They used to fit my pear shape really nicely, but either my butt has gotten bigger or the cut of their jeans has changed because now I have that dreaded butt gap when I sit down.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,164 Member
    mallomary wrote: »
    Definitely not cheap

Try Nordstrom Rack. I just got two pairs for a little under $100 and I love them.

Thank you I am looking for a pair of black jeans; maybe I get lucky :D
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,246 Member
    A couple styles I've found that fit pretty well are Gap Curvy and another Curvy Fit skinny leg pant from Target. I bought the Target ones several years ago, so not sure if they still carry them, but they were nice twill pants in many colors. I bought gray and aqua and they have worn really well. I've found the Gap Curvy ones and also Lee's for my mom (her favorite brand) on Ebay for very reasonable prices.

There's a brand new business in Portland, Oregon, called Q Cut. They have over 400 sizes of women's jeans and are custom fit to your body. You give them your measurements and they find a pair that fits you. I believe they carry 0 to size 20. They just opened a store in Portland, but are planning to offer online sales in the near future. They're a bit pricey at $235, but ladies have raved about the amazing fit. When I reach my goal, I'm driving to Portland and get me a pair!!

https://qcut.com/
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    I like Levi's 515. I have a 29" waist and 41" hips, and 25" thighs.
  • pvju
    pvju Posts: 115 Member
    Levis! I buy mine in the juniors department at Dillards. They make a few high-waisted styles. One style called "legging" isn't a legging at all it's a jean but it has a fair amount of stretch - they're comfy and stylish - and I'm in my fifties.
  • benevempress
    benevempress Posts: 136 Member
    Thank you to everyone for all of your suggestions. I will check out as many of these that I can find nearby as I try to replace all of the pants I am donating since (happily) they are now way too big.

I should have put my height in my first post too in case that influences someone's suggestions. I'm 5'10".

MapDancer, I had assumed that since the GV pants did not fit me when I was bigger, they would not now either. Obviously I haven't gotten used to my new body yet. I appreciate you sharing that you are exactly the same measurements as me (except for height) and that they work for you (depending on country of origin). I will definitely have to try the GV pants again. Those prices can't be beat and Costco is not too far from me so if they have them in stock now I might be able to get a couple pair quickly to get me started on rebuilding my wardrobe.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    For dress slacks, try Raffaella Curvy fit. You can get them st Amazon with free returns/exchanges. Really anything called curvy fit is meant for peeps like us.
  • tanyaltrl
    tanyaltrl Posts: 42 Member
    I found Paige jeans to be perfect for me. Low rise that is (haven't tried higher waisted jeans by them). Calvin Klein is great. I also second the Levis suggestions.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Your shape and measurements are very close to mine. Try Levi's for females. Kohl's has a nice variety.

I second Levi's. I used to have an 11-inch gap and that was the brand I used. Very comfy, and they don't tend to "bite" as much as other jeans I've worn (leaving red marks, etc).
  • arditarose
    tanyaltrl wrote: »
    I found Paige jeans to be perfect for me. Low rise that is (haven't tried higher waisted jeans by them). Calvin Klein is great. I also second the Levis suggestions.

Yeah! Another for Paige! I was surprised how much I like them. I need a new pair after I lose more weight.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    I am so confused! I don't have the 10 inch difference between waist and hips - built straight and it makes pants so hard to find. I thought they were all made for that curvier shape. I'm 29"-37" right now with legs around 21-22" (muscle) and waist is definitely the limiting factor for me in jeans, they are always too tight in the waist if they fit everywhere else. It seems like if I was 26"-37" (which isn't ever gonna happen) then they would fit great.

Do pants just not fit ANYONE?
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    tlflag1620 wrote: »
    I like Lucky Brand "easy riders" or "sweet n low" (they aren't really low rise, despite the name - both styles hit me just below the belly button). I still need a belt, but they aren't as bad as a lot of other brands. Fwiw I have a 27" waist, 37" hips, and 22" thighs. Levis curvy boot cut (529) are also pretty good. More room in the thigh than most brands.

Me too. Lucky Brand seem to be the only type that fit my body.
  • awasson7
    awasson7 Posts: 8 Member
    Gloria Vanderbilt high rise jeans are great for pear shaped bodies. You do have to order them online though. I had to buy 1-2 sizes smaller - they run big.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    I don't know about brands, but low-rise boot cut jeans are helpful for me. I don't have as much of a pear as I used to, but still enough that if I don't wear boot cut or wider leg pants, I look like a pear on toothpicks wearing skis!

You might look for 'curvy' style as well. Those tend to be larger around the waist/thigh area, which might be what you're looking for.
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    Maurice's work well for me.