Zombie Run Application users?

Options
Does anyone else use zombie run to track their cardio workouts? (especially running/walking/etc.)
Im looking to friend people who have the same workout routines as i do.
For those of you who do not use It it would really recommend using the app, it makes working out alot more fun! :smile:

(I have more information on my MFP blog for those of you who are interested. )

Replies

• seabeegirl81
    seabeegirl81 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just started using it :) zombies run is fast becoming my favorite app :)
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    That looks fun. Just not up to running quite yet. Love anything Zombie, tho!
  • Shondell13
    Shondell13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yayy! somebody else who loves this Zombies,run :) I just reset my App today so it looks like I'm starting from the very first story mode. I can't wait to begin :)
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    I'm in chapter 3, but then again, I rarely do dedicated cardio so it takes me forever.
  • vbani88
    vbani88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with season 2. Joined the Spring virtual race though
  • itsmemaringle
    itsmemaringle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give this a go... Not much of a runner though, does it have an easy setting?
  • silverdawnhawk
    silverdawnhawk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You don't have to run. Do whatever pace you are comfortable. You can set each story to be a "distance" or a "time" and the story segments will adjust accordingly.

There is also a c25k app that is separate. The story for the c25k takes place between the first and second episodes of season one. If you want to work up to running before doing the full program. Otherwise just walk out walk/run the full program but leave zombie chases off. Trust me. I think the app knows where the hills are!!

The radio mode will take over once you are fine the story unless you tell it to just start the next episode immediately. Though I recommend radio mode. Jack and Eugene are entertaining.

Also choose your playlist songs carefully. Because the silly thing occasionally gains sentience and will invariably find either the most disturbing song possible or the one most likely to make you cry after a story segment in your list.

Season five starts on Wednesday!
  • charlotteX92X
    charlotteX92X Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I love this app! I've been playing it for over 3 and a half years and still love it :smile: always good to meet others who love zombies,run! For those interested but not yet aware there is a large community on Facebook dedicated to this app.

@itsmemaringle there's no easy setting but you can go at whatever speed you like. There are a lot of users who walk to the missions and the app creators are dedicated to encouraging people to move no matter what speed it is.
  • itsmemaringle
    itsmemaringle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to give this a go! Thank you for your suggestions
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I use Zombies, Run! :) I love it!

I've been waiting for it to get warmer so i can actually use it again, i refuse to go on a treadmill; what's the fun in that!?
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I love Zombies Run. But why do the zombies always chase me when the footpath is busy? I end up losing my supplies :(
  • arniedog74
    Options
    I just downloaded this App. Haven't started, yet. Sounds like lots of fun.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    I just downloaded this App. Haven't started, yet. Sounds like lots of fun.

Just started. Took a little walk around my yard, while letting the doggie and kitty explore. Was fun. I need music, tho. I'll figure it out. Definitely excited to do more missions. Thanks for introducing me to this sushidynasty!
  • amybugfit
    amybugfit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love Zombies Run! I've only done about 6 of the story runs a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. I need to get back into it. :D
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Just finished Episode 2 Season 1. Makes me want to do more! I got brave and turned on the chases. Of course, 1st one started as I headed up my steep hill. I made it, tho! Woo hoo
  • arniedog74
    Options
    scyian wrote: »
    I love Zombies Run. But why do the zombies always chase me when the footpath is busy? I end up losing my supplies :(

Just start yelling, " Zombies " and run really fast! I guarantee people will get out of yer way... Hehe
  • GonzoMcG
    GonzoMcG Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I do! or I say I do, I've done my first mission, going to ramp it up and get back to 3 x a week runs this weekend.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting season 3. I love it! You don't have to run if you aren't ready. You can turn the zombie chase feature off as well.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    It's a blast - love spicing up my runs with a Zombie chase at least once a week.

There's a group for the app users here, search for it and it should pop up.