Any advice on gaining weight

Options
Hey my names adrian I'm 19 I'm 6ft3 and 140 pounds I'm underweight anyone have any tips on how to gain weight? I already know a lot im just interested to see what you guys say been trying for over 2 years I'm just sick of being skinny I eat big meals spread throughout the whole day I'm taking in over 2'650 calories a day but I think I may need more.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat all the food, lift heavy stuff
  • rippedhippie
    rippedhippie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You will need to be over 4000 calories a day at a minimum. Friend me if you like. I'll help you dial it in..
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    eat in a 250 to 500 calorie surlus, get on a structured lifting program like strong lifts, and make sure that you are hitting micros and macros..

your macros should be about .45 to .65 grams of protein per pound of body weight; .45 fats; and fill in rest with carbs….
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    You will need to be over 4000 calories a day at a minimum. Friend me if you like. I'll help you dial it in..

not sure where you are getting 4000 from ..I plugged in OP's stats and assuming a mail that works four days a week his maintenance levee s 2700 so for a pound a week gain he would need to be at 3200 a day, not 4000...
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options

2650 jumped to 4000.... Yeah no. There's no universal number. It's depends from person to person.
  • cookielover_96
    cookielover_96 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Then start by slowly eating more calories.
  • brirose12
    brirose12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am trying to gain weight but want to know tone it up. When I calculate my calories it shows I should reach 2,240. Not sure really how to break down the fat, protein and carbs
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    1st - what is it your really trying to accomplish?
    You could have mass gainer drink with every meal. I think they are an extra 1,000
    you could eat peanut butter all they time.. that's almost 200 calories for every 2 tablespoons
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Oats, whole milk, peanut butter, banana....blend
  • philskee
    philskee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1st - what is it your really trying to accomplish?
    You could have mass gainer drink with every meal. I think they are an extra 1,000
    you could eat peanut butter all they time.. that's almost 200 calories for every 2 tablespoons

Adding a gainer to every meal is your best bet. the problem with taking in a massive amount of protein is that your body can only handle so much. Extra aminogens are needed to break down the extra protein otherwise you are just wasting it.