Not new, but am starting over

Options
I joined a while ago and was on a roll. I ran the first mile of my life! I started lifting and loved it.... and then I broke my ankle. And then I got bronchitis. And life just happened... and I lost it all.

So tomorrow I start New Rules of Lifting and started all over again.

I can do this, but my anxiety is through the roof.

Replies

• charriecourtney
    charriecourtney Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You did it before, you can do it again! Slow & Steady...Believe in yourself!! :)
  • KristineArden
    KristineArden Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am also not new, but started in October and was on a roll---then I came down with the flu along with my son--so between caring for him and myself and just feeling awful, I wasn't doing much to further my fitness. I have also broken my ankle a few times (the latest was a stress fracture from just doing too much too soon--even though I didn't feel like I was doing too much). I have been back on MFP and exercising (walking on the treadmill or walking my dog) and both of my ankles have been hurting for the past week, so I decided to stop walking to give them a chance to heal). I actually just looked into getting some sort of ankle support--an ACE bandage helped a bit, but I ended up getting some good information from reviews of ankle supports on Amazon. Some people have commented on how much better they feel walking with ankle supports . . . so I'll be getting mine soon :smiley: