recovery

Options
Hello...im new here :)
I am a person who struggle with bulimia and binge eating. I eat about 3000 or more calories a day. Ive also started seeing a psychiatrist, but i feel like i can somewhat control my appetite here. I am seeking support and motivation from people, as ive struggled alone with eating disorders for so long. I sure hope this will get notice, because i want to help others as well.
Any tips on how to break this vicious cycle?
Thank you and have a great day

Replies

• IsabelGartner
    IsabelGartner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hey, I've been struggling with bulimia since I was 11 years old, I'm now 18. I would love to work on this together!
  • jlauretz
    jlauretz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to be friends with both you and hopefully we can all help each other. I've struggled for over 30 years with bulimia. In and out of therapy and did inpatient as well (which was great but had a traumatic event too soon after discharge and went right back to what I knew). Please request me as a friend.
  • lenapasc
    lenapasc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Its refreshing to hear im not the only person struggling with bulimia :blush: its a horrible situation but im certain that with constant support from each other we'll get through it
  • moreclover
    moreclover Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Heya, I'm new on here too. I'm a bulimic and want to stop the binging as I can then get through the purging craving.
  • moreclover
    moreclover Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry didn't mean to press send. I've been bulimic for about 15years on and off and just been through a bad patch. So thought I'd try to use this app to monitor intake and try to stop purging.
  • daynaxxanne
    daynaxxanne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I struggled with anorexia for years and then it turned into binge eating to try and counteract it. I'd tell myself that starving myself wasn't the answer so I should just eat the food and I'd end up over eating.
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've struggled w every kind of ED! Finally on the road to recovery. Can still be bumpy but I'm finally using more good behaviors than destructive ones. Add me if you like! Also a great book to read is brain over binge. Really helped me!