Ex smoker ready to be healthy!

Options
2»

Replies

• tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting. I quit a heavy smoking habit in 1996 and still think of it as one of the few really smart things I ever did. I didn't miss it for long but I'll never risk smoking a single one again!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all the people here that quit!! I too quit 5 years ago in January!! I gained 35 lbs and am on the journey to take it back off again!!
  • wesley58
    wesley58 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking 15 years ago, and have never looked back. I wish that I would have done it earlier. I gained weight through a variety of things as when quit smoking, also quit being active, so that also contributed to the weight gain. I started this health journey about a year and a half ago, did really well in the beginning, lost about 60 lbs, then gained back 13 and am now stuck at where I am. I would like to lose another 25, as that was my orginal goal weight, and I can do it. Good luck with your new journey. the rewards are very gradifying
  • goofyrick24
    goofyrick24 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I Quit April 1, 2012.. Almost 4 years ago... Now if I just can get my lung power back!!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    @goofyrick24 It will come back, you just have to work at it!!
  • CardiganandFlannel
    CardiganandFlannel Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Dang....I really need to quit
  • aprillwoodley626
    aprillwoodley626 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome!! I hit my 1 year anniversary on February the 4th and haven't looked back. Cheers to good lungs and health!! And now it's time to get in shape!!

Congrats to you!! And exactly!
  • aprillwoodley626
    Options
    jlcnuke wrote: »
    I quit August 26th, 2014. I put on ~45 lbs since then. Doctor said quitting slows down the metabolism so I needed to exercise more after quitting. Now I'm trying to exercise more and eat fewer calories so I can get rid of 40-50 lbs.

It's gonna be so worth it for both of us!
  • aprillwoodley626
    Options
    Congratulations to all the people here that quit!! I too quit 5 years ago in January!! I gained 35 lbs and am on the journey to take it back off again!!
    Awesome!!!
  • aprillwoodley626
    Options
    wesley58 wrote: »
    I quit smoking 15 years ago, and have never looked back. I wish that I would have done it earlier. I gained weight through a variety of things as when quit smoking, also quit being active, so that also contributed to the weight gain. I started this health journey about a year and a half ago, did really well in the beginning, lost about 60 lbs, then gained back 13 and am now stuck at where I am. I would like to lose another 25, as that was my orginal goal weight, and I can do it. Good luck with your new journey. the rewards are very gradifying

Thank you so much! And same to you!
  • aprillwoodley626
    Options
    I Quit April 1, 2012.. Almost 4 years ago... Now if I just can get my lung power back!!

Same here!
  • aprillwoodley626
    Options

Is so worth it too quit! I know how hard it is, we all do.. But we're here if you need any help
  • SorryNameTaken
    SorryNameTaken Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on quitting! It is such a difficult thing to tackle, but way to go!

I am in the same boat as you. I quit November 5, 2013. I have gained weight over those two years, I'm not sure if it is related or not. I figure if I quit smoking for my health, I should try and get all aspects of my health in control. I had been forcing myself to log what I was eating to see how bad my diet had gotten. At this point, it is just habit to log, but now it is time to start looking at what I had been eating and make the changes to eat healthier.

Just stick with it. If you could quit smoking, you can do this!
  • aprillwoodley626
    Options
    Awesome job on quitting! It is such a difficult thing to tackle, but way to go!

I am in the same boat as you. I quit November 5, 2013. I have gained weight over those two years, I'm not sure if it is related or not. I figure if I quit smoking for my health, I should try and get all aspects of my health in control. I had been forcing myself to log what I was eating to see how bad my diet had gotten. At this point, it is just habit to log, but now it is time to start looking at what I had been eating and make the changes to eat healthier.

Just stick with it. If you could quit smoking, you can do this!

Thank you! We can both do this!
  • angelapolite72
    angelapolite72 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Me too! :sweat: