Fitbit charge HR vs Polar A300

Options
Larrwein
Larrwein Posts: 24 Member
edited March 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Need some opinions on these fitness watches. I have the Fitbit but have been looking at the polar A300. Does anyone like one over the other and why?

Replies

• revolucia78
    revolucia78 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have the a300 and I love it!
  • KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I am wondering the exact same thing ! I have had a fitbit zip for years and love it but I want to upgrade to a watch with wrist-HRM. I prefer the polar A300 but I would miss my fitbit friends and challenges the app offers... What to do ?
  • Miriam60
    Miriam60 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a fitbit for a year and two months and just got the Polar A300 - I do like it MUCH BETTER. It is a little bulkier than the fitbit but ver very comfortable to wear. I like the app better also and I trust it much more for accuracy. The heartrate monitoring is way better than fitbit!
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    never had anything but polar, I currently have the A360 cause it has the built in HRM,but for ceetain workouts u have to use a chest strap (H7) which is no big deal for me..if u want something with gps the M400.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Larrwein wrote: »
    Need some opinions on these fitness watches. I have the Fitbit but have been looking at the polar A300. Does anyone like one over the other and why?

Why would you want to switch? I was given the fitbit charge as a gift, for the first year I found the stats interesting, but now in maintenance I find it inaccurate. The HR is also a bit of a novelty, but again I don't find the stats for my heart rate really useful. The only thing I really like, these days, is the alarm feature, the vibrating wrist to wake up is much nicer than an angry alarm clock sound.