Juicing?

Options
Anyone juice or do a juice cleanse? Curious about results, helpful tidbits and such

Replies

• nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I use my juicer to make fresh veggies juice a few mornings/week. It is my crack. I think it's a good way to get your daily recommendation of vitamins and minerals in. I did a 3-day juice fast once...it was difficult for me because I am a coffee drinker, but by the 3rd day I felt amazzzzzing and my skin was baby soft and clear! As far as doing it for weight loss, I don't have much advice, but there is a reboot group on here that will have tons of info!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    And throw all that wonderful and filling fiber away?
    Eat your food instead.
    A good cleanse to try is to avoid high processed foods for an entire week. Try it.
  • 150FNG
    150FNG Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    And throw all that wonderful and filling fiber away?
    Eat your food instead.
    A good cleanse to try is to avoid high processed foods for an entire week. Try it.

Ditto. Prefer to eat my veggies/fruits and have like maybe an occasional blended not juiced drink of some fruit.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Anyone juice or do a juice cleanse? Curious about results, helpful tidbits and such

i did a week of veg & fruit juice on a mountain retreat. Enjoyed it. Lost weight (we were very active and underfed).

The soluble fibre in apples is mainly in the juice fraction, and juicers aren't 100%. Also some of our juices had avocado and the likes blended in. It was an interesting change, and you can do anything for a week but I wouldn't see it as a lifestyle.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Just use low sugar juices.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    No. Unhealthy and you might even gain weight on a juice cleanse.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Seems like all gimmick to me.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Juice is good, some are delicious and can be a great way to get nutrients as a supplement to a regular diet if you're not a big fruit or veggie lover, but they don't cleanse anything and if you aren't careful, can be very heavy on calories.