Who's struggle with the last 10lbs?

Options
My last 10lbs don't seem to go anywhere. I am really small, so 10lbs is a lot to me. Anybody out there in the same situation ? Any suggestion?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • ying_ax
    ying_ax Posts: 71 Member
    Options
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    What's your height, current weight, and goal weight?
  • ying_ax
    Options
    trjjoy wrote: »
    What's your height, current weight, and goal weight?

I'm 5'
    Current weight 105
    Goal weight 95
  • katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    95 would put you at almost underweight BMI-wise. Maybe you should try body re-composition to improve the look of your body without actually losing any more weight.
  • Remaking_Me
    Remaking_Me Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The BMI thing isnt always accurate tho......it doesnt take into account body type ...ectomorph, mesomorph, endomorph, or a petite/average/large boned build.

It also doesnt know if someobeis say, 6ft tall but 258, that they are muscle and lean....bmi only compares weight and height. I used to rely on bmi....til I found out the healthier you become, the less applicable BMI can sometimes be.
  • katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It's not perfect and doesn't work for everyone, you're right, but very generally it is fairly accurate for the general population. I was just using it as a tool to indicate that 95 might be a bit of an ambitious goal, and that positive changes could be made to her body shape without losing that amount of weight.
  • ying_ax
    Options
    katiebean wrote: »
    95 would put you at almost underweight BMI-wise. Maybe you should try body re-composition to improve the look of your body without actually losing any more weight.

I think 95 is an ideal weight for me. I felt the most comfortable. I was 90-92 before and it didn't feel good, I was so unhappy then I gained a few and it was just right.
  • ying_ax
    Options
    The BMI thing isnt always accurate tho......it doesnt take into account body type ...ectomorph, mesomorph, endomorph, or a petite/average/large boned build.

It also doesnt know if someobeis say, 6ft tall but 258, that they are muscle and lean....bmi only compares weight and height. I used to rely on bmi....til I found out the healthier you become, the less applicable BMI can sometimes be.

Me too not rely on Bmi. It only use your height and weight, so 2 people with same height same weight have the same BMI even tho one has more fat, one has more muscle?
    For us with petite built, a few lbs could make such big change.