Anyone tried body wraps?

If so, did you have noticeable results? And how do they "work?"

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    If so, did you have noticeable results? And how do they "work?"
    They don't. They're a scam. Any weight loss will be temporary water weight loss, which will return as soon as you rehydrate.

One of many, many past threads discussing body wraps:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/531986-itworks-body-wraps-is-it-really-safe
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    I do one every week. If by "work" you mean "do they make you lose weight and be super skinny", then NO! By my standards of work (which is "do they make my skin soft, more evenly toned, and feel healthier. Then YES! To me, they are a treat, not a treatment. The only weight they can make you lose is water weight and any inch loss is only from the compression (which goes away quickly just the impression you get from lying on a seam does). But they are super relaxing and give me such amazing feeling and looking skin. It's like a facial for your body. If they help tighten at all, it's because you're keeping your skin healthy, hydrated, exfoliating, and keeping the blood flowing, but body wraps only aid healthy skin, not slimmer figures. I make my own since my treat to myself on my rest day (after working out twice a day for the whole week) is a spa day with all my DIY creations. A face mask, hair treatment, body wrap, and waxing. It's nice.
  • bjdw2
    bjdw2 Posts: 47
    I've tried chicken wraps and tuna wraps. Made with plenty of salad veg and low cal condiments they're a good healthy meal.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I do one every week. If by "work" you mean "do they make you lose weight and be super skinny", then NO! By my standards of work (which is "do they make my skin soft, more evenly toned, and feel healthier. Then YES! To me, they are a treat, not a treatment. The only weight they can make you lose is water weight and any inch loss is only from the compression (which goes away quickly just the impression you get from lying on a seam does). But they are super relaxing and give me such amazing feeling and looking skin. It's like a facial for your body. If they help tighten at all, it's because you're keeping your skin healthy, hydrated, exfoliating, and keeping the blood flowing, but body wraps only aid healthy skin, not slimmer figures. I make my own since my treat to myself on my rest day (after working out twice a day for the whole week) is a spa day with all my DIY creations. A face mask, hair treatment, body wrap, and waxing. It's nice.

I've never thought of it this way. I guess that's because they are not even marketed this way, they are marketed as weight loss tools. As a weight loss tool, it's a scam. Maybe they'd almost have me hooked to sell one by telling me it's not really for weight loss, but rather as a facial for your body. Interesting.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    A plastic layer that burns energy? Interesting..

It drops water, in a temp manner. Not fat loss at all. Temp at best.
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    I have, pure waste of money