Looking for helpfully advice???

Options
Hey guys my names Eric, im 22 and really trying to get back into shape. To much partying after school and im not even a resemblance of myself. Having said that im 275(6'5 which helps) and been using fitness pal for 2 months and havent lost ANY WEIGHT! I work twice a day and work construction too. Looking for advice on better eating, workouts, should i break out insanity again? Any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    The single biggest factor in weight loss is how much you are eating. You don't mention how many calories you are eating each day (including alcohol), and how you are calculating them. Are you using measuring cups, kitchen scale, or just eyeballing portions? If you aren't losing, you are eating too much.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Give up alcohol
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Food is a bigger factor for weight loss than exercise is. :) Focus on weighing food and logging carefully
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Get a reasonable calorie goal that gives you a daily/weekly deficit in calorie needs. Say, if your body was to maintain its weight on 2500 calories, you would put your goal at 2000 and lose weight at a mild pace. You can find TDEE calculators online (how much your body approximately burns in a day), then subtract a few hundred calories from that and set it as your calorie goal on MFP. You can even let MFP decide a goal for you, if you plug in your stats.

Once you have a calorie goal, and are weighing/measuring your food intake accurately, you can expect to start seeing results in ~6 weeks.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You're eating too much
  • LargeEricS
    LargeEricS Posts: 109 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Im currently taking in around 2500 calories and working out twice a week on average. Im also using measuring cups and tracking calories on the fitness pal app. I also use labels and available calorie counts on any online recipe i find.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Are you weighing your food? Or are you guesstimating and using cups and spoons? Chances are, that's where your problem is. It's a hassle to weigh everything, espically starting out, but if you're not weighing everything, you're not being as accurate as you need to be. There's a video I can't find that is a good visual of the difference. If I find it, I'll post it.

Edit, found it!
    https://youtu.be/vjKPIcI51lU