Replies

• buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Bubba turkey cheeseburger 300ish cal using the 80 cal bun :smile:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure this would work for a work lunch, but this is what I'm making for lunch today. It's absolutely delicious, but has a very particular flavor that may be unfamiliar to some.

http://cookieandkate.com/2014/roasted-cauliflower-freekeh-tahini-sauce/

500-ish calories per serving.
  • RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    As I am on campus and it has to be transportable - a ham and dijon mustard sandwich, ready salted Pops (walkers) and a 250ml bottle of diet coke. It is kind of boring though. Some pasta with tuna, sweetcorn, peppers and a few spices to liven it up on occasion, or the campus coffee shop for a panini, mozzarella and basil usually.

When I am at home and transport-ability isn't an issue, roasted red onion and tomato with brown rice. Maybe a veggie burger and salad if I'm feeling lazy, or pasta with roasted peppers or tomato and feta.
  • RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure this would work for a work lunch, but this is what I'm making for lunch today. It's absolutely delicious, but has a very particular flavor that may be unfamiliar to some.

http://cookieandkate.com/2014/roasted-cauliflower-freekeh-tahini-sauce/

500-ish calories per serving.

Oh yes please! Honestly, just give me the pot of tahini and a spoon! Freekah is a bit of a luxury as it is just so expensive round here. I have to say I really don't like cauliflower but I'm sure I can improvise!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    spinach, cucumber, tomatoes and cottage cheese
  • katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Green pesto and tomato quesadilla. 390ish calories for 1 tortilla, 30g cheddar cheese, 20g pesto and a couple of chopped up cherry tomatoes. I would usually have it with 40g cottage cheese or a salad but we don't have either in at the moment. Will probably have a banana instead.
  • katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just realised this is for your work lunch. Wouldn't work for today but I've made these the night before and eat them the next day at work.
  • Lydilod
    Lydilod Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    egg mayonnaise(1 egg and 14g of mayonnaise), ham and lettuce in a wholemeal wrap, with a bowl of salad on the side. about 350ish calories
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    chicken mixed with 1/2 avocado, lettuce, sour cream and hot salsa.
  • 8diamonds
    8diamonds Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes with Philadelphia, cucumber and black pepper. Tastier than I expected. I usually have soup, I make a huge batch and freeze them.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,575 Member
    Options
    I spend my Sundays preparing food for the week, so this is what I will have all week for lunch:

Apple Bacon BBQ Pulled Pork: http://www.emilybites.com/2016/02/slow-cooker-apple-bacon-bbq-pulled-pork.html - Servings: 10 (1/2 cup per serving), Calories: 234, Fat: 6 g, Carbs: 44 g, Protein: 20 g, Sugar: 41 g.
    I weighed everything out, so if you make this, your calories and nutrients might vary slightly. I wish I had a smaller apple when I made this, otherwise the sugar count might not be as high.

I'm serving the pulled pork on a potato roll (130 calories) with a small handful of spinach (2-5 calories).

As a side, I made, Creamy Cauliflower Puree: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/03/creamy-cauliflower-puree.html - Servings 4 (3/4 cup per serving), Calories: 86, Fat: 3 g, Carbs: 6 g, Protein: 3 g, Sugar: 3 g

Total:
    Calories: 450 for everything combined. A big lunch, but it'll keep me full. I try and keep most of my meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) under 500 calories.
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Chicken Zoodle Soup. Made batch yesterday to eat for the week! I'll have an apple also.
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I had a wholemeal pitta bread with falafels, hummus and salad.
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel bread, egg, ham, cheese sandwhich
  • clhoward6
    clhoward6 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ryvita crackerbreads with smoked fish and cottage cheese.
  • aerrianna
    aerrianna Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I bought a bento box from the grocery store for my lucnh today. 430 calories for four spicy California rolls and three vegetable crab spring rolls. I also have some snapea crisps for a total of 550 calories for lunch.
  • Meffordh
    Meffordh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Almonds , beef jerky , rice cakes , and a phase 8 protein shake
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Today is a frozen bean and cheese chimichanga and a spinach salad.
    Most days a sandwich, salad or dinner leftovers.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I don't like to cook elaborate meals so this week for lunch I have 30 g Turkey Pepperoini, 30 g unsalted cashews, and a mini Babybel mozzarella cheese with a low carb yogurt for desert. Last week it was 1 hard boiled egg with 14 g light mayo on a whole wheat pita.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Today is a broccoli salad from The Looneyspoons Collection - 196 calories per serving, plus a 35 calorie dessert selection type yogurt. I almost set fire to the kitchen last night when a dish in the oven overflowed, so I dont have my usual leftovers!!