Ate 3,300 calories yesterday

Options
So that happened. The thing is it wasn't an overly crazy day, just bad food choices which I willingly made.

So I ate:
2 T creamer in my coffee
6 chicken nuggets and a large fry from Burger King
1 full order of Bar Wings and Yukon chips from Red Robin (appetizer)
3 servings of Haribo gummies
2 servings of Snyder of Hanover pretzel pieces
3 servings of Chex mix

That came out to just over 3,300 calories.
It makes me understand how easy it is to be overweight and not really understand why. Eating out can be such a huge a calorie bomb! The appetizer that I ate for dinner clocked in at 1215 calories and I didn't even have any ranch or blue cheese dressing with it!

Replies

• ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Ah, Red Robin. C'est delicious. One thing you may want to do in the future is look at the nutrition info on a place before you go, that way you can make a more informed decision. Not saying that you wouldn't have still chosen the Bar Wings - sometimes, you want what you want, and that's all there is to it - but sometimes that can help.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Yes, I decided to eat just like I would have eaten prior to MFP and log it as accurately as possible - that's what it came to. Really eye opening!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Way to stay away from those nasty fruits and vegetables!
  • mwood1234
    mwood1234 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I went over this weekend with chocolate. I made a vow to stick to my goals this week no matter what.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Way to stay away from those nasty fruits and vegetables!

lol - aside from the few celery sticks the wings came with, nope no fruits or vegetables at all yesterday!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Hence why I rarely enjoy eating out anymore.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I went out of town for 5 days and gained 6 pounds but I enjoyed every bite and sip. I've been home 2 days and back down 4 of those pounds.
    I can gain a couple if pounds by eating just one restaurant meal with alcohol. The next day intend to overeat as well, due to the hangover.
    I've learned to get right back on track and the weight will drop off very quickly so I assume it's mostly the amount of salt used along with the calories consumed.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    It is easy to consume a lot of calories.
    Logging is a real eye opener. Some foods just became less worth it for the amount of calories vs. nutritional content and ability to fill me up once I started logging.
    I remember being shocked by things like bananas, crackers, cheese and bread that I had eaten with what seems like wild abandon now. I used to eat a whole sleeve of crackers. That sleeve of plain crackers would have been around 500 calories. It wasn't even very filling. That snack is the calories for one of my more balanced and filling meals nowadays.
    I do eat out one meal a week and make my choice in advance pretty carefully. A regular hamburger with a side salad and an unsweetened iced tea instead of a double bacon cheeseburger with large fries and a large soda pop works better for me.
  • kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    It adds up so quickly, doesn't it? Especially restaurant food, so high calorie. I eat out much less often and almost always skip dessert and appetizers, but you can still do a nasty dent in your caloric budget by eating out.

It's also surprising how small the appropriate serving of things like candy and chips can be. To me, 160 calories of potato chips is barely a handful--I can certainly eat a whole lot more, and the calories ratchet up quickly. That's why I was so overweight in the first place!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that was about my day, too. Luckily, I don't have too many of them. Yesterday, I made a huge brunch and ate more than my daily maintanence, and then last night, my husband was like, "So where do you want to go eat?" I was honestly still full from brunch and I said nowhere, but then he's on about how starving he is. I told him there's all kinds of food in the kitchen but he wanted ribs, so we went to Logan's Roadhouse. I kept it as light as I could but they don't have a ton of light stuff. So I was about 3500 total for yesterday. I am still not hungry at all and it's now 18 hours later.
  • annon828
    annon828 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's really hard when you are out and about and suddenly get food with friends. I now count the calories before I go out. So I know exactly what I can eat before I even walk in the door.
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I find it really hard to eat out because of the high cal-limited options restaurant menu. I do like to support local business but that's hard cause I know how bad there food is for me. I'm in the south so everything is either deep fried or cooked with a ton of butter.

It would be no prob going into the 3ks with calories here.

So date night is a much more strategic thing now.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    YEP!!! I feel you! Man oh man the things I used to eat.
    I plan our restaurant based off my OCD pre-logging. But sometimes I do allow myself the splurge I just have to accept all responsibility for it.
    Its usually never worth it though- only a few things are.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Yeah, that was about my day, too. Luckily, I don't have too many of them. Yesterday, I made a huge brunch and ate more than my daily maintanence, and then last night, my husband was like, "So where do you want to go eat?" I was honestly still full from brunch and I said nowhere, but then he's on about how starving he is. I told him there's all kinds of food in the kitchen but he wanted ribs, so we went to Logan's Roadhouse. I kept it as light as I could but they don't have a ton of light stuff. So I was about 3500 total for yesterday. I am still not hungry at all and it's now 18 hours later.

I would have told him to go by himself if that was what he wanted, but I wasn't hungry so I am not going anywhere. *shrug*
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    you did better than me. I only hit ~2650 on
    Breakfast:
    * 2xclementines
    * 10 peanut m&m's
    * Sausage, Egg & Cheese at Panera
    Lunch/Dinner
    * 3 slices of home made pizza (one peperroni, one sausage, and one chicken wing, 16" diameter)
    * extra chicken from the piece my wife picked the chicken off of
    * 12 oz of home made iced tea
    * lots more peanut m&m's
    * guacamole + chips

While I wanted more guacamole, I was stuffed. I actually probably would have eaten more calories if I didn't know that I was going to have a huge lunch/dinner and didn't want to "ruin" it by eating a regular lunch.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »

I would have told him to go by himself if that was what he wanted, but I wasn't hungry so I am not going anywhere. *shrug*

He didn't force any of it on me, and when you get right down to it, had I insisted upon saying no, we wouldn't have gone. You can get off your horse now.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »

He didn't force any of it on me, and when you get right down to it, had I insisted upon saying no, we wouldn't have gone. You can get off your horse now.

Well if you were not hungry, you could just have got a bowl of soup or something.

But you're not hungry so will probably make up for it easily today, so don't even worry about it.