Please explain the macros to me....

Options
I'm in a learning curve. I have gotten the calorie thing under fairly consistent control. Now, for the macros. Is my goal to stay under all of these things as well? Should I be on target with them? I am just starting to pay attention to these things and to be honest, don't really know what to do with them.

Replies

• carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just for informational purposes. This is what I am at for today.

qiy8afbbq3zq.jpg
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You're not meant to be staying under the macro goals, they're more like a minimum requirement. At least the protein and fat numbers are good to reach daily, and don't worry about going over on carbs either. A lot of whole foods carbs are really good for you and some of the healthiest food out there. (Think grains, starches, veggies, fruit)
  • parrellakatie372
    parrellakatie372 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    macros can be adjusted for preferences, goals, etc. The annoying thing about MFP is the macros rarely = calories. 1 gram of Protein is 4 calories, 1 gram of carbohydrate is 4 calories, 1 gram of fat is 9 calories. right now you ate 1209 calories if you use macros (157*4= 628, 29*9=261, 80*4=320......628+261+320 = 1209). I only go by my macros because of this, but I am an advanced dieter and my fat loss goal is extreme leanness that can only come from carb cycling/manipulation. For the purposes of a beginner, its not anything to be worried about. As you get more advanced or if you change your goals and you want to mess with macros, that's a whole different story lol