Pregnant and exercising?

I have not been on here in a while, sadly, and alot has changed since my last log in. Tomorrow I will be 17 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child :). Right before this happend, I found myself falling off the fitness wagon again, and although I did lose SOME weight I still have a ways to go (about 30-40lbs ideally). Obviously, I am not trying to lose weight while pregnant, and furthermore not looking into dieting...but, what are your thoughts on excercising? Nothing hardcore, or harmful to my baby..no stomach exercises or anything like that. I just mean keeping myself active so that when baby does come, it will be easier for me to keep going. Has anyone started or continued a workout routine while pregnant? If so, any tips or advice? My next appointment is next Tuesday and I plan to speak to my doctor then about it. Just curious to see if anyone on here is or has been in the same boat as me. I am very unhappy with my current body and weight and am very motivated to get where I need to be after baby is born.

Replies

• lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Congrats!! I'm 10 weeks! My dr. said to keep on exercising but just do low impact stuff, and to not let my heart rate get above 140. I've just been doing the elliptical and walking on the treadmill at the gym. I was never that into weights before so I decided that for now I should just stick to what I know, and that's cardio.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    There are exercise videos for pregnancy & post pregnancy. The fitness level is listed on the websites.

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/category-s/197.htm

http://www.collagevideo.com/search?q=pregnancy

I don't have any actual experience, I'm sure your doctor will have recommendations.
  • riveromommy0913
    riveromommy0913 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you, and same to you!! I was thinking of joining the gym just for those purposes...especially with summer approaching. Walking outside doesn't sound too appealing with a big round belly in 90 degree weather! Lol
  • riveromommy0913
    riveromommy0913 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you for sharing those links!! I will definitely be looking into that. I'm a big fan of workout DVD's..I love Jillian Michaels, but am thinking she is a little too intense for right now...unless I modified everything way down.