Rash when drinking pre work out.

Options
Hi everyone,

Just want to know if this is quite common - Basically, I went to the gym this morning, took my usual dosage of Grenade .50 Cal prework out. (1.5 scoops... 1 scoop just isn't enough), and by the time I got to the gym about 15 minutes later I got a rash that covered most areas of my body (apart from THE important bit thank god). It lasted about 10-15 minutes and then went away. I still worked out though, of course.

Does this happens sometimes? Should I consider changing brand? Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Is this the first time that this has happened? Have you been using this product for a while?

It almost sounds like a mild allergic reaction to something...........
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Is this the first time that this has happened? Have you been using this product for a while?

No, I've been using this product for about 3 weeks now, 5 times a week. Never happened before.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

No, I've been using this product for about 3 weeks now, 5 times a week. Never happened before.

Here's a long shot.....did you change laundry detergent recently? Eat anything else new today?

Sometimes these reactions can be to something environmental (mould or pollen). If it happens again you may want to see an allergist to figure out what you're reacting too (keep some Benadryl or other antihistamine handy)
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Usually the beta alinine from the pre workout I take makes me all tingly all over and itchy. Maybe you should drop Dosage.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Usually the beta alinine from the pre workout I take makes me all tingly all over and itchy. Maybe you should drop Dosage.

This , beta alinine causes the rash ... happened to me the first few times and when I take breaks and start again . Drop the dosage and slowly bump it up
  • mperrott2205
    Options
    Cheers guys, however as I said. I've been taking the same dosage for 3 weeks... Isn't it a little odd that it just happens now?
  • projectbam
    projectbam Posts: 55
    Options
    That is pretty strange !? i use Grenade .50 also and only get a 'slight' itchy face occasionally and thats with the 2 Serving Sachet .. but i do drink it with a lot of water and then make sure i chug more water straight after and throughout the workout.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    My son gets all itchy on some pre workouts. He did find out what it was inside the formula itself that was doing it to him, but i forget what it was called.

When i see him again ill ask, and let you know so you can check to see if its included in what your taking. Might be the same issue.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    why don't you try not having the drink for a few days and see if that's what cuasing the rash. (I get a rash from sweating - it's not visible every day, but there are some days that are exceptionally hot and i notice the break out)
  • mperrott2205
    Options
    why don't you try not having the drink for a few days and see if that's what cuasing the rash. (I get a rash from sweating - it's not visible every day, but there are some days that are exceptionally hot and i notice the break out)

On my rest days, I don't drink it and I've never got it before. And as I said, I've used this product between 15-20 times and I've not had a rash before.
    That is pretty strange !? i use Grenade .50 also and only get a 'slight' itchy face occasionally and thats with the 2 Serving Sachet .. but i do drink it with a lot of water and then make sure i chug more water straight after and throughout the workout.

I have to drink it with a lot of water... The taste is just far too sickly for my liking!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

On my rest days, I don't drink it and I've never got it before. And as I said, I've used this product between 15-20 times and I've not had a rash before.

right - i get that. first of all, it is always possible to develop allergies later on (which would explain why you were able to eat this up till now). second, it is possible that you are using a slightly different formula that isn't agreeing with you( maybe the company made a miniscule change in one of the components?). and third - what i was suggesting was to isolate the different factors of your work out. If you think it may be is NOT the drink, then try working out WITHOUT the drink and see what happens. maybe it is from over sweating? maybe they used a difference cleaner in teh gym?