Gained back 7 pounds after losing almost 20

Options
irshgrl500
irshgrl500 Posts: 28 Member
edited March 2016 in Motivation and Support
I'm depressed because I was doing well, then this last 2 weeks, I regained 7 of the 19 pounds I lost. I had lost 19 pounds, since I began changing my eating habits, in May of 2015. I know what I have done wrong; over-eating the last 10 days, not exercising. Not much of a mystery here but I just had to put this out there. I think now that I have put the issue in words, it is more likely I will do something about changing the circumstances.
Actually, my math was wrong-so I'v edited my post. I lost 23 (I hadn't logged into Myfitness pal with a portion of my weight loss.) and regained 9. And it has beem about 3 weeks, not 2. Still, it is depressing but only I can do something different or something like I was doing, when I lost the weight.

Replies

• harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    So you're still 12 pounds lighter since you began. Sounds fine to me.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    irshgrl500 wrote: »
    I'm really depressed because I was doing well, then this last 2 weeks, I regained 7 of the 19 pounds I lost. I had lost 19 pounds, since starting to change my eating habits May of 2015. I know what I have done wrong; over-eating the last 10 days, not exercising. Not much of a mystery here but I just had to put this out there. I think now that I have put the issue in words, it is more likely I will do something about changing the circumstances.

Good for you - putting it into words is a good first step. I've done the yo-yo thing too, and let it get totally out of hand.

Hang in there!
  • Rani478
    Rani478 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey its ok to make a mistake losing and maintaing your weight is not easy, just don't beat yourself up about it. Well done on the weight loss, just get yourself motivated and start again you'll lose those extra pounds hopefully!