Spring Challenge Looking For Participants

Options
lmc8009
lmc8009 Posts: 9,190 Member
Hi! I'm currently recruiting some new members for a springtime challenge I am running. This is for a new 8 week challenge starting on Monday the 21st. This challenge is well established and this is the 23rd one we will be doing. If you are interested in participating, please let me know. I will post some information below about the challenge itself. Participation is limited to 100 total participants and we currently have 62. I will post here and close enrollment and start a wait list once we reach the 100 maximum.

We had a successful first challenge back in 2012 and have kept it going ever since. We are getting ready to start challenge #23(!!!) and are currently planning to continue running this challenge indefinitely. So if you‘re looking for an awesome support group, fun challenges, and a little bit of friendly competition, you’re definitely in the right place!!!

Our competition will be held for 8 weeks, beginning on Monday, March 21, 2016. Winners will be announced for the following categories at the end of the challenge: Highest percentage of weight loss and highest number of challenge points earned.

This season is TEAMS competition! Teams will be fighting to get their name in the coveted top spot every week! Since no competition is any fun without a little extra teamwork, teams will be competing to claim the highest average challenge points as well as the highest team percentage of weight loss each week.

Each Sunday or Monday (your choice), every individual will weigh in and compute their own challenge points. They will submit the numbers to their team board. Later in the week winners will be announced based on the following:

1) Team with the highest percentage of weight loss
2) Team with the highest average of challenge points earned by its participants (done by participation level)
3) Individual recognition for the week's top 20 weight loss
4) Individual recognition for the week's top 20 challenge points earned (done by participation level)

For this season we will be offering points for minutes of exercise completed as well as for optional mini-challenges that you will be encouraged to join. You may join as many or as few as you'd like, but we suggest that you join at least one. Details will be lined out in each mini-challenge’s description. There is no limit to how many mini challenges you can participate in, so feel free to challenge yourself!!!

Replies

• Schpau51
    Schpau51 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am interested in participating in this challenge. Please let me know if this is a possibility.
  • lmc8009
    Options
    Schpau51 wrote: »
    I am interested in participating in this challenge. Please let me know if this is a possibility.

I will add you now. Check for an invite in your notifications bell.
  • JMaeTurley
    JMaeTurley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am interested and would like more info!!! I've never done a challenge through MFP :)
  • lmc8009
    Options
    JMaeTurley wrote: »
    I am interested and would like more info!!! I've never done a challenge through MFP :)

I will add you to the group and assign you to a team. That way you can take a look around and read all the challenge details. If you decide not to participate, please let me know so I can open up the spot to someone else.
  • samanthamoulton9
    samanthamoulton9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Could I join please
  • lmc8009
    Options
    Could I join please

I sent you an invitation!
  • Michellevest160
    Michellevest160 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in the challenge
  • jenndenise
    jenndenise Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Count me in! :)
  • msej73
    msej73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. Sounds like it could be fun.
  • adm88
    adm88 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. Need some motivation.
  • Oma_
    Oma_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm interested
  • loveme4452014
    loveme4452014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join
  • ornelasoak
    ornelasoak Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun!! Interested
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm game. Sign me up.
  • kelzmaine
    kelzmaine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I'm interested in joining this challenge!!!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would like to join the challenge please!
  • shesapear
    shesapear Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the challenge
  • JoanneAcevesMoss
    JoanneAcevesMoss Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well. Please assign me a team. Thanks!
  • Supergirl2010
    Supergirl2010 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! Is there still room to join?
  • jenny_petunia
    jenny_petunia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I would like to participate in the challenge too! it sounds like fun, and i need the motivation :)