Need some help gaining

Options
So since I was in middle school I was always a hefty guy. I lost 120lbs last year and have been going to the gym Mon-Fri for 3 months and still have lost 2 more lbs. my eating habit is pretty botched, which means I result to stouffers microwave meals or smart ones. Any advice on some whey shakes or something for getting me started would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    What you eat doesn't really matter. Track your calories and make sure you're in a caloric surplus.
  • anthonystamm
    anthonystamm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Calorie wise this app says I need 2,775 a day which is a big change from eating 600 a day while I was losing the weight. But I'm also taking into the other aspects like sugars, and such as well
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Calorie wise this app says I need 2,775 a day which is a big change from eating 600 a day while I was losing the weight. But I'm also taking into the other aspects like sugars, and such as well

Sugars/carbs are actually very beneficial during a bulk. They stimulate insulin, which stimulates growth. This isn't to say, you should eat all sugar, this means that carbs and sugars have their appropriate place. You goal should be a small surplus, a progressive lifting program and a diet that has a variety food whole foods, but can include treats to help you get your calories. I generally suggest one should aim for plenty of unsaturated fats (nuts and avocado), dark fish (omega 3s fatty acids), fruits, veggies, whole grains/oatmeal, dairy.
  • anthonystamm
    anthonystamm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

Sugars/carbs are actually very beneficial during a bulk. They stimulate insulin, which stimulates growth. This isn't to say, you should eat all sugar, this means that carbs and sugars have their appropriate place. You goal should be a small surplus, a progressive lifting program and a diet that has a variety food whole foods, but can include treats to help you get your calories. I generally suggest one should aim for plenty of unsaturated fats (nuts and avocado), dark fish (omega 3s fatty acids), fruits, veggies, whole grains/oatmeal, dairy.

That's what I'm learning, and so far I am eating a bowl of whole wheat Cheerios with some honey drizzled before I go workout.
  • drbfly
    drbfly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love cheese