MCT Oil

Options
So after researching it a ton I've decided to give MCT Oil a shot. The only thing is that I read that it's actually a mild laxative & I'm really not wanting to not be able to trust my farts.

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Many like MCT oil but it did not work out well for me but when it is not removed from the rest of the coconut oil I am just fine with it as part of the natural make up of coconut oil. I did finish off the one bottle that I purchased but it was a pain in the end.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    It only acts as a laxative for me if I add it in my first cup of tea in the morning, aka on an empty stomach. All it takes is 15ml to flush straight through me. I'm fine if I mix into a smoothie or have eaten first.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Start with 1 tblsp/day, and work up to 3, and/or mix half&half with coconut oil.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    ... Why?...
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    So after researching it a ton I've decided to give MCT Oil a shot. The only thing is that I read that it's actually a mild laxative & I'm really not wanting to not be able to trust my farts.

Start with a 5ml or smaller does and build up progressively. The composition can be an issue, according to a salesman, so try and find out the breakdown of what's in your MCT.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Yes, just build up and it should be fine.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    ... Why?...

They are both good in different ways. Coconut oil is anti-viral, and anti-bacterial, MCT oil cannot be stored as fat, and it provides immediate energy similar to carbs (but is not a carb)!