Hear rate monitor watch??

Options
2»

Replies

• Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and it came with a chest strap (which I thought I would hate) but really, it's not bad at all. I don't even notice it's there. Wearing a chest strap is the most accurate way to get your HR, at least, that's what I was told by my trainer.

Ditto - I don't even notice the strap at all
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    My question is

How well do chest straps work when they don't actually touch the skin on the chest? I have a very hairy friend and he is looking for a watch heart rate monitor.

I had hoped I would get some input reading through this thread but everyone is saying to use a chest strap.

Just fine.

The mere act of putting mine on holding in two hands on the 2 sensors causes it to be seen. Just confirm tight enough.

This is the same as the hospital machines where they shave the hair off to get a good connection. They are looking at more than mere HR, plus their sensors are self stick and can't stick to hair.

There is a Mio HRM with reader on the wrist that has been found just as accurate as Polar for seeing the HR. But it must be worn tight. TIGHT. ugh, no way.