Need Companionship! Keep me logging!

Options
Hey, my name is Stephanie and I'm struggling to loose weight since I gained it back after chemotherapy. I was on steroids so I was constantly hungry! Now that chemo and steroids are done I'm trying to be healthier but my back is stopping me from most excercises so dieting is my only choice at the moment.

If you want a friend please add me!

Replies

• soullevel
    soullevel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Stephanie! There are so many success stories here of folks who lost weight by cutting calories
  • kagedenarii
    kagedenarii Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I tried cutting carbs but that didn't work! I hope calories work! Thank you :)
  • KasseyAnkers
    KasseyAnkers Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cutting cals to start with will help. I've just returned on reduced hours to work due to degenerative disc disease, spinal curve and disc fusion all playing havoc and causing severe sciatica in both legs. So I couldn't exercise properly with this at its worst so watched cals and introduced low GI release foods and super foods to help kind of detox me at the same time. I lost 1 stone this way. Now my back is more stable and pain reduced thanks to a brilliant chiropractor i'm doing pilates and cycling as extra exercise. If your back is a problem try swimming. It's a low impact exercise (even if you just walk in the water) it will help. It's the only exercise I could manage when my back was bad. Once you've lost some weight and feel confident I recommend Pilates to strengthen your core muscles and support your back helping you in the future. It's a great toner. I've been doing pilates and cycling for a week and i've lost 2 inches off my thighs and 1.5 inches off my stomach! Happy to add you and help you on your journey. :)