feeling cold?

Options
I just wanted to know is this related to my weight loss or something else?
I feel cold a lot lately. I'm getting cold chills to the point I'm shaking!

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,900 Member
    Options
    Quite common with larger deficits. Core temperature goes (very slightly) down as your body is trying everything it can to protect itself during this time of famine.
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how much I should be eating though
    Mfp given me 1600 and I set it to lose 0.5kg and lightly active. However I have a fitbit which gives me a burn daily of 2500 to 2800. So I try and net 1600. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Not enough calories.
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Check your temperature, you might be ill! Alternatively you calories might be too low. Try a couple of other BMR calculators and then set your target to 200 calories below that. Give it a couple of weeks and if you're not starving lower again by 100. If you're increasing your exercise then keep your calories at this level as long as your losing weight over 3-4 week period
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    aniqa109 wrote: »
    I don't understand how much I should be eating though
    Mfp given me 1600 and I set it to lose 0.5kg and lightly active. However I have a fitbit which gives me a burn daily of 2500 to 2800. So I try and net 1600. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right

Then you're not lightly active or you're not eating back exercise calories (which you're supposed to do with MFP).

I'd eat 2000.
  • Mystical64
    Mystical64 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I feel a lot colder since I've lost weight also. I think its related to the loss of fat that insulated my body. Now I don't have it. Hence, I feel colder....IDK
  • spritey86
    spritey86 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have lost nearly 6 stone and I am always cold now :(
  • aniqa109
    Options
    But I haven't really lost much. I lost a few kg that I regained. So I'm pretty much at the weight I began with. I'm going to see my Dr to rule out any medical condition otherwse it must be due to my calories. But although I'm eating less I haven't seen a drop in scale. I don't know! I'm just confused
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Have you noted any pattern to it?

Time of day?

Activity just before?

If you add layers (blanket/jacket) do you warm up pretty quick, or do you stay cold?

I think previous posters are talking about two different things, "cold flashes", perhaps from a large deficit and temperature tolerance changes due to having less body fat.
  • aniqa109
    Options
    No its throughout day. I'm cold and feeling cold chills through body. Despite wearing layers or being in blanket with heating I feel cold. Even after eating I feel it.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    aniqa109 wrote: »
    No its throughout day. I'm cold and feeling cold chills through body. Despite wearing layers or being in blanket with heating I feel cold. Even after eating I feel it.

Not a doctor or nurse, my first guess is a virus of some kind, but could be other things. Check in with your physician.