One of my secrets

Options
pwindahl
pwindahl Posts: 42 Member
I've lost lots of weight in the past year (50 lbs at my high point). One of my secrets are low carb, high protein and fiber tortillas - large size -made by La Tortilla Factory. Add half a slice of low fat cheese, a couple egg whites and a splash of Sriracha and you've got something that will stay with you until lunch - only 130 calories! These tortillas rock and they actually taste good. I'll bet I've had 500 of them. Trust me on this one...

Replies

• mrsclifton10
    Options
    love it! 130 cals for an easy breakfast!
  • debrajdavid
    debrajdavid Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Where do you buy the tortillas?
  • betty_crocker2015
    betty_crocker2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great recommendation! Thank you and congrats on your success!
  • BarefootSerenity
    Options
    You're a winner in my book because you use SRIRACHA! Thanks for sharing your secret :)
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    yaaay these are in my Food diary almost every day! i get them at Walmart. $3 for 8 in a pack

459b6e2a-e8d1-4e0e-a723-bbe395db1ec8.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I should look for these! I have egg taco with Sriracha twice a week on regular tortillas but that could be even better....thanks for the tip!
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    nom nom nom buuuuump
  • liya368
    liya368 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll have to look for those at Walmart. Always looking for new low calorie breakfast ideas. This sounds wonderful.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Tortillas used to kill me. I love taco night and the fillings weren't bad but I was eating tortillas between 180-200 calories a piece.

I use Guzman's and they are 60 calories.Awesome because I can have three for less calories than I would have had in 2 tacos before.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

I have not been able to find the low carb tortillas at Target, but They are sold in two different chain grocery stores here.
  • kharper85
    kharper85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

I get mine at Costco and have also found them at Publix
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    with 12g of fiber, dont eat more than one of these on heavy squat day.

900x900px-LL-e704bdd3_Sneezes-farts-poop.gif
  • 4babybugs
    4babybugs Posts: 1
    Options
    THESE ARE THE BEST! I EAT THEM EVERYDAY WITH BLACK BEANS, LOW FAT CHEESE, FAT FREE SOUR CREAM AND HOT SAUCE!
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    bump for later! thanks!
  • apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    I had the same exact thing for breakfast this a.m. and you're right...delicious and filling (tho I also ate a yogurt to supplement) :)

I found a variety of the low carb tortillas at 60 calories each (medium size) at Trader Joe's--called Sonoma (by the Tortilla Factory, i think).
    And then just got the large size tortillas at 80 cals/each at Von's yesterday.
  • txann97
    txann97 Posts: 6
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    with 12g of fiber, dont eat more than one of these on heavy squat day.

12 g is low...poor girl must have continence issues. 25-30 g a day is the recommended amount of fiber for a woman. Lol.
  • Aradia_Silvermoon
    Aradia_Silvermoon Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I use this brand for all my wraps, burritos, and even used it as a pizza crust once!

tortillas.jpg
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    saving for the names... heading to Trader Joe's tomorrow and will see what I can find. thanks for the recipes and love me hot sauce of all varieties ;-)