Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Getting to goal and then blowing it.

khk2010
khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a pattern of dieting and getting to my goal then gaining it right back. Anyone else have this problem?
Any ideas of how to stay motivated to keep it off? I am doing great with this site and losing steady. I just want to keep it off this time.

Replies

• kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    I have a problem with that. Every time I start making progress I usually self sabotage and end up back to where I was. I've been doing the dance for awhile and it's starting to go down, but it takes me longer to lose weight because I usually regain and then lose, regain and lose. I'm interested in ways to keep strong as well.
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    I am interested in this topic as well.
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    It depends on yourself - what makes YOU motivated? I personally do not do the lose/regain cycle but I think it is because I keep things interesting. I enjoy life and exercise then it doesn't seem like a chore.

I also loooove looking good. So, I treat myself and always have another goal within reach.

Hope this helps... again it is all about YOU - what makes you want to lose weight should also be what helps you keep going down!
  • leftyy2k4
    leftyy2k4 Posts: 71
    I have a pattern of dieting and getting to my goal then gaining it right back. Anyone else have this problem?
    Any ideas of how to stay motivated to keep it off? I am doing great with this site and losing steady. I just want to keep it off this time.

Stop looking at this as a diet. This is a lifestyle change. You should never stop tracking what you eat or exercising.

I plan to do this till I die. It's simple math. Bmr and calories in vs calories out.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I have continued to log the good the bad and the ugly!

I lost the 30 pounds I set out to, then another 6 or so since. I have maintained my weight and feel great.

I have 2 friends who lost weight and kept it off........one is on WW and has to check in each month or pay money.............the other writes her food down each and every day for 10 yrs now. It is as much a part of her as buying toilet paper..........

I agree we must make this a lifestyle change. I have never called this a diet, all my diets failed miserably.

Keep up the good work! :heart:
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Thanks. Yes, I like the idea of this being a lifestyle change and not a diet. I need to change my attitude about it.
This discussion has been closed.