cabbage soup diet

Options
13»

Replies

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've done it in the past - back when I was young and idealistic and searching for a quick way to lose weight (probably early 90's I'd guess, it's really too long ago to remember).

Naturally, I got sick of cabbage soup very soon, and wasn't able to stick to the other ridiculous rules in the version I was following - I seem to remember a day that included just eggs or cheese or ... oh, I don't know, it was absolutely unsustainable.

I also don't recall whether I lost weight in that moment, but I'm almost 50 now and back here trying to lose about 15 kg, so in my case there was definitely no long term effect - except to remind me that there is just no point in starting these kinds of things because I know it's not realistic eating for the long term.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    No. Just no. A Oreo diet I wouldn't mind doing for 7 days but not the cabbage soup one.

And risk ruining Oreos? Never! The worst the OP will do is poop herself, make herself miserable and/or sick, and develop a hatred for both soup and vegetables.

Think, man! Think of the Oreos!

:D

• ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with cabbage soup per se....I hear it's St. Patty's Day? lol.....that being said, If you try this.....definitely consider supplementing with some protein......cause yea....you're gonna end up losing muscle mass and end up with "flabby" jiggly under arms....gotta fill in those "wings" with muscle......YES you will lose weight on that diet.....but more often than not, you're gonna gain it back when you come off the diet.....

Stay hydrated, it helps!