Options
2»

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Rub one out.

Welcome back. Haven't seen you around here in a while.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Rub one out.

Welcome back. Haven't seen you around here in a while.

Incredibly busy lately. Only able to pop in once and a while.

• Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Ugh I have terrible anxiety driven insomnia. If I workout close to bedtime I will most definitely NOT sleep. However what i've found to be effective is to do about 20 minutes of restorative yoga (5-7 poses held for 3-5 minutes each) in my bedroom with only a little light where I count my inhales and exhales the entire time (inhale for 8 exhale for 10). The second i'm done I hop into bed, I don't look at the phone, I don't turn on the TV just right into bed. It's really strange but this has been the most effective for me and i've tried everything including sleeping pills and other meds.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    sleepytime tea
    marijuana
    melatonin
    meditation
    *kitten*
    read
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Phosphatidylserine, 400mg/day helps a lot, just take it with meals.
    l-theanine 250-400mg per day. Those two supplements are my favorite. Lemon balm herb is also wonderful and none of these supplements make you sleepy.
    Walking has honestly been the best remedy. Can you walk outdoors for an hour? It's like a drug.
    Yoga before bed, the breathing is very calming.
    Some slow carbs with dinner.
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    jenovatrix wrote: »
    I take a combo melatonin and L-theanine. L-theanine is purported to calm and relax the mind. I don't know if it's the placebo effect but I find it works better for me than straight melatonin. I swear I'm part chihuahua because I'm anxious all the time, lol. But that does help me sleep. I also use a sleep mask and my boyfriend uses a CPAP that generates a lot of white noise...but he's on MFP too so hopefully won't need that much longer!

wow, I may need to try that, thanks!
    I slept well last night but woke up a few times but still slept which is fine by me!
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    sleepytime tea
    marijuana
    melatonin
    meditation
    *kitten*
    read

I wanted the sleepytime tea but its all got mint in it :( i hate mint!
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Look into Ashwagandha and Rhodiola. These are adaptogenic herbs meaning they help the body adapt to stress.

They have no side effects really if taken in proper doses. Some people experience more energy, some might feel more sedated at first. After awhile everything balances out. Take Rhodiola in the morning (as it has stimulant effects) and Ashwagandha in the evening. Message me if you want the exact dosage you should take as there is a formula you should follow for maximum benefits. Too much and you'll be wired. Too little and you'll quit thinking they didn't work. I have my notes on my laptop.
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Rub one out.

I was starting to think I was going to get to page 2 before someone posted the obvious.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    darlswife wrote: »
    Try journaling before bed. Sometimes writing your thoughts, fears and anxieties out of your head can help you feel better about going to sleep. There are also deep breathing exercises or meditations you can find on YouTube or soundcloud.
    I would not recommend any decluttering or writing.

Wondering why no writing. Was recommended to me by my psychiatrist and really helped. I've had sleep issues since college. And I didn't say anything about decluttering.