Stopping eating back calories

Options
It's pretty clear to me that once an activity level is set in MFP, eating back exercise calories is double counting exercise so I record my exercise in a totally different app. Is there a way to record excercise in MFP and not have it increase the daily calorie goal?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    change the value burned to 1.

and your daily activity level is not the same as intentional exercise. Unless you are following a TDEE method (which it sounds like you MIGHT be trying to do)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    No. Activity on MFP doesn't take exercise into account, it's just daily activity.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    The way MFP is designed, your activity level represents your activity *without additional exercise*. If you are double-dipping, it's because you set up your activity level in a way that doesn't reflect how the designers intended it to be used.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Over ride the calorie burn to 1. Can your app be synced to MFP? Look in the APPS menu. A FitBit works with MFP so you don't get the double counting.
  • chrismwpcs
    chrismwpcs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If I get you right, go to Goals, in Fitness, you can edit the settings and turn off exercise calories. This way it won't adjust your calories.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    chrismwpcs wrote: »
    If I get you right, go to Goals, in Fitness, you can edit the settings and turn off exercise calories. This way it won't adjust your calories.

Since you are a Premium member and paying for that feature, turning off exercise Calories added works for you.

The original poster is not a Premium member and that feature is not available to non-Premium members.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    The way MFP is designed, your activity level represents your activity *without additional exercise*. If you are double-dipping, it's because you set up your activity level in a way that doesn't reflect how the designers intended it to be used.

This.

If you don't want to count exercise cals towards your daily goal, you'll have to either (A) upgrade to a premium membership and turn off exercise cals, or (B) override the calorie total MFP estimates for the activity and log it as 1 calorie burned.
  • sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    When logging, just delete the "calories burnt" value and type in 1. Simples.
  • wanderinjack
    wanderinjack Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Simple around
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    It's pretty clear to me that once an activity level is set in MFP, eating back exercise calories is double counting exercise so I record my exercise in a totally different app. Is there a way to record excercise in MFP and not have it increase the daily calorie goal?

It's actually not double-dipping if you've properly set up your activity level. The levels are designed to not include deliberate exercise.
  • joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I count them normally but then just make sure I leave them as a surplus, nbd.