Sodium and water retention

Options
I noticed i went quite a bit over the sodium amount im my diary this is proberly down to the fact i had pasta im sauce for tea yesterday i was under my calorie goal at the end of the day and when i weighed myself this morning i had gained 1lb i freaked out but i feel a bit better knowing high sodium intake can cause gain. Does everyone find this?

Also i did use the weight machines at the gym for my legs for the first time in a while i am trying to adjust because i am going on my own now and i feel a little uncomfortable being the only female at the weight machines so i have been avoiding them.

Would one time working on the legs cause my muscles to withhold water and i did work hard the pain my legs were in on the leg extention machine was sickening. Or am i just trying to make myself feel better with these theories.

Replies

• Nataliieexo
    Nataliieexo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 21sunshine85
    21sunshine85 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I also gained weight since starting doing excercises for my legs\butt 4 days ago. My legs are very sore since i started is it possible to gain weight after such a short time? I didnt go over my cals or sodium.
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Weight does bounce around a fair bit anyway, can be quite demotivating, but usually it all averages out down towards a loss anyway =)
  • Nataliieexo
    Nataliieexo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I hope so otherwise i dont know what i am doing wrong.