• beadgalsarita
    beadgalsarita Posts: 47 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I make lasagna with it.

Layers from bottom to top:

small amount of tomato sauce in the bottom
    layer of cooked spaghetti squash
    ricotta cheese mixed with thawed and squeezed frozen spinach, garlic powder, oregano, ground pepper, 1 egg
    some more tomato sauce
    cooked vegetables and a cooked protein. the vegetables are often zucchini, onion, broccoli. protein is either ground turkey or Italian sausage (if my husband gets his way)
    cover with tomato sauce
    layer of shredded mozzarella cheese

bake in oven at 350F for about 30 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked all the way through.
  • marijalas
    marijalas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Pinterest search is super, I have a whole folder of spaghetti squash recipes on that site.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    mweckler wrote: »
    How do you guys track it if you cook it whole? You can't really weigh it raw, unless it's cubed and that seems like a pain[/quote

Once it is cooked you still have to cut it and remove the seeds, unless you do that before you cook it. Also you have to scrape the meat out of the husk, then you can weigh just the edible yield. There is also a way to estimate weight lost from cooking, it is boring and the worst part of my job.

I cook it whole like a baked potato.
    AFTER it is cooked, I slice the rounds (like cutting salami) so that "spaghetti noodles" are long.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    It's also really good mixed with broccoli and peanut sauce (you can use peanut flour to cut calories).

Didn't have any for dinner last night, but I did cook it and cook my chicken to have with sun dried tomatoes and pesto tonight.
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    A few weeks back I made it with pureed butternut squash, a little bit of cheese, and a little bit of milk. It was pretty good and I felt good eating so many fresh veggies :)

A lot of times I'll just eat spaghetti squash with parmesan, garlic salt, and butter though. I could probably eat that every day.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    I buy it already cubed (thank you Costco!!) so I weight about 200 grams - 100 grams per person- and I usually oven roast it what a little bit of olive oil or I microwave it for few minutes. Today it was pan roasted with the other veggies.
    I do buy a whole piece in the market once in awhile that it is already cut, so I just oven roast it or cook it in the microwave, and after it is cooked I cut it in half and share with my husband. I weigh it before cooking.

@Gisel2015 They pre-cut spaghetti squash?! I've never seen that before! I need to go to Costco asap, although I don't mind cutting spaghetti squash. I DO mind peeling and cubing butternut squash so I either have my husband do it (he doesn't mind) or I buy it already prepped.
  • ZRx4
    ZRx4 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    bachcm67 wrote: »
    http://pin.it/sFlYtd2
    I thought you'd like this Pin on Pinterest...

This is by far my most favorite spaghetti squash recipe! It's in Bob Harper's book. It's devine!