Help! Weight gain after holiday

Options
Hello!

I have previously written a couple of stories relating to my success but am now seeking some words of support! I have just returned from a 2 week all inclusive holiday in Cuba and whilst I tried to make healthy choices and walk and swim as much as possible I am sitting at my desk at work with my tight (now unbuttoned) skirt as we speak! I am too scared to face the scales but think I've probably gained at least 3 or 4 lbs which doesn't sound like much but I feel so angry with myself that I lost control. I am constantly thinking about what I am eating and for the last 2 weeks, whilst trying to be mindful, I've let myself eat and drink nearly whatever I wanted and am now facing the concequences. People at work are laughing at me and saying I look no different but I feel bloated and annoyed. ARGH.

I am getting myself back on track immediately with some low carb meals and exercise but if anyone else has bounced back from something similar or has any advice or words of wisdom that might make me feel better I would be so grateful! Not looking for someone to justify the choice I made to over indulge but feeling like I need a bit of confidence boast right now.

Thanks in advance for any comments which will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Don't think about it ... and get back on track.
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    We went to Vegas in May for four days and I gained 5 pounds, I was like holy crap! But I enjoyed myself and knew I was going to over indulge and then just got right back at it, some if it was water weight and came off within a few days and the rest came off in about a week.
    Don't stress about it, you need to live and enjoy life and splurge from time to time.
  • sizzler0123
    Options
    I gained 10 lbs from a week in Mexico! I was shocked but then remembered what I had eaten and drank, and then realized some of that was water weight.
    All you can do is move forward. So drink tons of water to flush out your system, make good choices now and exercise. it will be gone before you know it!
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    It's most likely water weight. Get back to your old routine and I'm sure it;ll come back off.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Relax! Most everyone gains a few while on holiday. Just avoid the scale for a couple of weeks and get back to your normal routine. It will be gone in no time.
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Oh don't worry you will lose those extra pounds in no time. I gained 8 lbs when I went to France last year because I over-indulged a lot but I lost them in a month. I was worried like you are right now but you don't have much too lose- only 3-4 lbs which will take like 2 weeks or so as soon as you get back to your old routines :D
  • SophNewts
    SophNewts Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your replies - they really helped. I'm going to avoid that scale and get back into my healthy eating and exercise. Hopefully some of the water weight (which I hadn't considered) will drop off in the next couple of days and I'll be back on track :)