Help me out? :)

Options
hey everyone :)

I've been on this eat clean (mostly) lifestyle for the past couple months. Drinking water like crazy.. Lightly active.

I do have my occasional days where I splurge.

My question is:

Will I still continue to lose weight if I were to eat say whatever I wanted, but the same amount of calories per day?

I had a sandwhich today with some sweet potato fries, not the best decision but not eating more calories than any other day.

Input much appreciated Xo

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It's all about the calories, how you get there is up to you.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    If eating "clean" (whatever that means to you) gets you into a deficit, you will lose weight. If you don't eat clean and maintain a deficit, you will lose weight.
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but what do you mean by clean eating? That has a whole lot of things it could be.

I eat under my calories and loss or rest maitence calories and stay. I don't eat organic, vegan or even vegetarian.

I hope that helps.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yes you will lose if you eat at a calorie deficit.

For example if you eat a slice of pizza for lunch but are still under your calories you can still lose weight.
  • Barbados1965
    Barbados1965 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    To loose weight a calorie deficit is need. To loose fat and maintain muscle mass you need to have a proper ratio of carbs, fat and protein. There is a big difference between loosing weight and loosing fat.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You will lose weight eating whatever, as long as you stay in a calorie deficit (eating fewer calories than you burn). This deficit can be on a daily basis or an average, for instance per week, so you can eat at maintenance or even over one day here and there and still lose, if the other days are low enough to provide an average deficit. But you will want to make sure you aren't eating too much on your splurge days, so that you "eat up" many days of deficit at once.