Skipping Breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Everyone basically eats breakfast as breakfast is literally the first meal of the day so you could eat as soon as you get up or hours later it is still classed as a breakfast
    Maybe be "literally", however most people correlate eating breakfast with eggs, toast, oatmeal, etc.
    How many people would scoff at someone saying "I ate sushi for breakfast?" They'd be like "wuh?"

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Just coffee for me in the mornings. I'm not hungry until about 1pm, and I prefer to save my calories for a larger dinner. Whatever works for you.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    It depends on your hunger management. If you don't want to eat and find you can make sane choices at lunch when you don't eat breakfast, don't eat it. If you do want to eat breakfast and can make same choices at lunch time eat it. If you don't want to eat breakfast but make bad choices at lunch because you skipped breakfast, learn to eat it. If you want to eat breakfast but make bad choices at lunch because you ate, don't eat it.

It's all about hunger management.
  • SunriseReverie
    SunriseReverie Posts: 27 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I would suggest eating fruit for breakfast. It'll get your metabolism revved up, start your water intake, and it digests quickly.
  • Cirque95
    Cirque95 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast on weekdays because I have to wake up really early, then have over a mile walk and then don't usually get chance to eat again until 12/1 - so even if I am not hungry first thing, I force myself to eat because I know I will be really hungry in an hour or so when I won't have chance to eat. On weekends I tend to skip breakfast because I don't usually have to rush around and am not usually that hungry, I just have a brunch sort of thing when I am hungry. I don't think there's a problem with missing breakfast if you're not hungry in the morning, I think it just becomes a problem when people skip it, despite being hungry, just to eat less calories.

• Gaz_Palmer
    Gaz_Palmer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    mawill08 wrote: »
    Not sure if it been mentioned yet..

I do intermittent fasting, I eat my first meal at 1pm and eat all my calories withing a 8 hour period.
    I fast for 16 hours and feed for 8 hours. 0 Calories for 16 hours.
    I feel much more energetic than I've ever felt.
    When you eat does not matter.

Check out Kinobody on google, this guy is taking the fitness industry by storm with Intermittent Fasting.

+1 for that.
    So easy and losing weight, feeling healthy, and stronger!