Dairy Questions!

ANT98
ANT98 Posts: 137 Member
Hi! I don't know if this is where I should post it, but does dairy help eczema? I've been following iifym, but now by cutting out gluten and dairy, I feel like there's not that much freedom in iifym choices!

Replies

• ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited March 2016
    If you're having a flare up it wouldn't be a bad idea to eliminate dairy and see if it gets better.

I have psoriasis and I don't do dairy or gluten and my skin is better off for it.

Look for gluten-free bread, pasta, waffles. Rice, quinoa, millet, oats. There's plenty of gluten-free carb options.

What dairy do you consume? There's plant based milks. Use tofu instead of eggs. Avocados, nut butters, hummus in lieu of cheese.

There's too many choices if you ask me!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    iifym is too loose - not always healthy. Stick to unprocessed organic whole foods, which is always healthy. :)
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    There's lots of plant-based products to replace dairy. You won't miss dairy, and your skin might be better off for it!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Google: Eczema and fish oil.
    My husband is practically cured with 2 pills a day. Over a year.
    We have also cut out red meat and fatty cheese out.
    Saturated fat seemed to make it worse.

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Beware of plant based horrors made from inflammatory seed oils and phytoestrogenic plants.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    I eat a lot of cheese and yogurt and my eczema is better nowadays. I rarely drink milk.

I found my eczema flares if I have too much artificial sweeteners, and/or and some other additives we are still sorting through. Soda is definitely a trigger and since I usually have diet Dr pepper, diet coke or diet pepsi then it's also something in all of those.

I do eat more healthy fats now rather than fats through more highly processed type foods. I moderate my saturated fats.

• OblasMummy
    OblasMummy Posts: 40 Member
    If you're having a flare up it wouldn't be a bad idea to eliminate dairy and see if it gets better.

I have psoriasis and I don't do dairy or gluten and my skin is better off for it.

Look for gluten-free bread, pasta, waffles. Rice, quinoa, millet, oats. There's plenty of gluten-free carb options.

What dairy do you consume? There's plant based milks. Use tofu instead of eggs. Avocados, nut butters, hummus in lieu of cheese.

Eggs aren't dairy x
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    yarwell wrote: »
    Beware of plant based horrors made from inflammatory seed oils and phytoestrogenic plants.

No.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    OblasMummy wrote: »

Eggs aren't dairy x

Lol so many people class eggs as dairy... why??