8 days late

Angela937
Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
Its to early to tell for sure since I don't always have reliable cycles. But should I still be eating only 1600 cals a day? Is that safe if it turns out I am pregnant?

Replies

• pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    It's safe as baby will take all the nutrients it wants from your body. If you think you might be pregnant start a multi vit and folic acid right away
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    ^^This. I'll add don't worry until you are confirmed pregnant. Then simply have a chat with your care team about weight loss during pregnancy. I'd also add start and keep taking the folic acid if you about are even possibly going to get pregnant.
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    edited March 2016
    You may not be pregnant. Is it possible you ovulated late? Typically your luteal phase will stay the same length, it's the first part of your cycle that can vary pushing your cycle length.
  • Angela937
    My cycles are often late. I'm normally not concerned, but my hubby and I had unprotected sex a few days before my normal ovulation. I don't use birth control, since we almost never have sex anymore.

In December I was 2 weeks late, so like I said my cycles can be wacky!
  • Angela937
    I haven't been pregnant in 7 years. I have 2 boys, one has autism. I just got him out of diapers 2 years ago, I don't want to start all over!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    edited March 2016
    Angela937 wrote: »
    Its to early to tell for sure since I don't always have reliable cycles. But should I still be eating only 1600 cals a day? Is that safe if it turns out I am pregnant?

Buy a pregnancy test.

If you were to be pregnant, your seed-sized zygote doesn't need extra calories yet.

http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/how-big-is-your-baby-this-week/#page=2

Week 4

Your fertilized egg, known as a zygote, is a ball of 32 cells that's about the size of a poppy seed. It's at this stage that the cells separate into three distinct layers from which your baby's internal organs and skin will develop.

Baby's Length: about 0.014 to 0.04 in.

Baby's Weight: less than 0.04 oz.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    I had a joke i wanted to throw in here but ill save it, anyhow! congrats on your 3rd child!
  • Angela937
    I had a joke i wanted to throw in here but ill save it, anyhow! congrats on your 3rd child!

I still don't know for sure. But thank you for the support!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    edited March 2016
    OP: So, did you end up buying your husband a vibrator for his birthday? Curious if there's a connection between this thread and your previous sex-toy thread. :)

• Angela937
    OP: So, did you end up buying your husband a vibrator for his birthday? Curious if there's a connection between this thread and your previous sex-toy thread. :)

Lol, no I haven't given it to him yet. This preggo scare is due to a Valentine's day romp!
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Why not just take a pregnancy test?
  • Angela937
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    Why not just take a pregnancy test?

Money is super tight right now, so I am waiting til I have some extra cash. I don't wanna buy one and have it be negative, then finally start my period and have wasted the money on a test.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    You can get a pregnancy test at the dollar store, and places like Grocery Outlet sell them very inexpensively.

1600 calories should be more than enough. You don't need to increase your calorie intake at all until the second trimester, and then you only need about 200 extra calories a day. If you are obese to begin with, you might not want to increase calorie intake at all--there are newer studies which indicate that weight maintenance is a better target than a small gain at some starting BMIs.
  • Angela937
    Update: I took a test and its negative. So I just have to wait for my period to finally start.