Calorie intake counting for beginners

Options
I am excited to start taking control of what i eat. 2000 calories. Water..no sodas....lean proteins. Meal replacement shakes and fruits with vegatables. No fastfood.

Replies

• brockb1981
    brockb1981 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great, me too, good luck
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Just curious about why you'll use meal replacement shakes instead of food.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    bonyeama19 wrote: »
    I am excited to start taking control of what i eat. 2000 calories. Water..no sodas....lean proteins. Meal replacement shakes and fruits with vegatables. No fastfood.

Did you know that one of the wonderful things about calorie counting is that it makes every eating rule redundant? You can eat and drink whatever you want, and still lose weight, as long as you stick to your calorie goal. Buy an electronic food scale, use it, and log everything you eat and drink. I would suggest keeping the fruit and vegetables, and ditching the replacements. Fastfood once a week ot fortnight instead of every day. Real meat and dairy, not looking for the leanest. Find out what gives YOU the most for your calories. Remember, you are going to be doing this for a while (life), so you have to like it.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Hamburgers and steak too. Weigh them before you cooking them.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything! Your really have to track what you eat to know the calories. Don't fall for scams of meal replacements, etc. Just eat a good balanced diet and keep yourself in a calorie deficit and you will lose!