How Long to Eat at Maintenance for a Reset?

Options
palmerar
palmerar Posts: 489 Member
So after a few months of stalled weightloss, I decided to try eating close to maintenance in order to do a reset, then go back to TDEE-10%.

Stats:

Height: 5'7"
SW: 167
CW:158
GW:145-150

On TDEE-15%, lightly active my calories are around 1750 perday, at maintenance I will be eating around 2100 and still exercising

My question is how long should I eat at maintenance before going back to deficit? Thanks in advance

Replies

• palmerar
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    No first hand exerperience, but everything I've read says 1 week for both diet and exercise.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've read 1-2 months.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I'd reckon on 1-2 weeks. Too long and you'll just start enjoying yourself :wink: :laugh:
  • palmerar
    Options
    I'd reckon on 1-2 weeks. Too long and you'll just start enjoying yourself :wink: :laugh:

Ha ha true! I am looking at 10 days, that way I'll get through the holiday weekend then back to my regular routine.
  • ChanceyRose
    Options
    According to this gentleman, it takes about 2 weeks for the body to take full advantage of the break and truly reset:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I've been eating really close to my estimated maintenance level or a couple of months now. I was doing that because I was stuck in a plateau for many months so I figured why not eat more since I am not losing anyway? Now I have the bodymedia link so I can get a better estimate of my actual TDEE and as soon as I have a full week of data I will adjust back to a deficit and hope it works!
  • palmerar
    Options
    ChanceyRose: Thanks for the article, I kind of came to that conclusion on my own but it is really nice to hear that it might help!
  • ChanceyRose
    Options
    ChanceyRose: Thanks for the article, I kind of came to that conclusion on my own but it is really nice to hear that it might help!

You're welcome. Hope the reset helps you meet your goals.