How often should one weigh thrmselves

Options
2»

Replies

• LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Every morning. It keeps me accountable to myself. When I don't weigh everyday, I gain weight.
  • dcoitino77
    dcoitino77 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I weigh daily and I enter it in to an app called Happy Scale. I like to go back and see the fluctuations and now that I am on this site I can compare it to my daily eating and see what changes I may need to make. I only track my official weight on Mondays.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Scale weighing hasn't help me accomplish any health or weight goals. I lost 75 pounds and maintained with no scale and without measuring. I find the scale inhibits and gives me emotional ups and downs which defeated my goals. Clothes fit, how I felt, and capacity to do yoga or qi gong and chores gave me incentive and enough information.

I never was great at math. Visual estimative skills are improving, but can always get better.

I think whatever works for you is probably the best course to trod.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Every morning because I like seeing the daily fluctuations. But I only log Fridays into MFP. I also take monthly measurements so that even when it looks as if I've gone up, I can see that I've still lost inches. (Had a bit of a panic this morning when I thought I'd lost ten inches off my bust, but it was a combination of not having my glasses on and holding the tape wrong).
  • Griffin90
    Griffin90 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Looking for a good scale to weigh myself with the crap electronic one I bought is unreliable. What do you recommend?