My scale don't like me...

Options
2»

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I feel really good. I'm not tired and I have a lot more energy. I don't weight my food but I need to look/study into it. I was not feeling sorry for myself when I post just a little encouragement that all.

Then you have no idea how many calories you are actually consuming.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    It is hard to know how much we're consuming unless we weigh our food, honestly buying a cheap set of food scales will be eye opening.
  • Cookiecanwin2013
    Cookiecanwin2013 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
  • codygish
    codygish Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You have gotten a lot of great advice here.

This link is a good place to start on the forums:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads

A big part of the weight loss journey is self-education and being willing to learn. Keep reading, learning, adapting, and moving forward and you will succeed.

I was 270 pounds on 2/12/16. This morning (3/16/16) I weighted in at 254.2. That is almost 16 pounds in my first month. Some of this is water weight and early loss that will not be repeatable, so it will slow down soon, but this has been a great first month.

The difference between the last month (2/12 - 3/16) and the previous month (1/12 - 2/12)?

Two things:
    (1) I started on MFP on 2/12 and started logging EVERYTHING. Those first days were a mess, but I kept at it and it got better.
    (2) I started using a food scale to weight everything I eat.

Okay, three things:
    (3) I found a few friends who are moving in a similar direction.

You can do this!

Blessings.
  • Cookiecanwin2013
    Options
    @ cityruss. I do use measuring cups so I guess on some level I'm measuring my food. I know its not the politically correct...
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    @ cityruss. I do use measuring cups so I guess on some level I'm measuring my food. I know its not the politically correct...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpHykP6e_Uk

Hey Cookie. Check out this video.
  • Cookiecanwin2013
    Options
    Thanks @MommyMeggo That was a helpful video. I really did not know how off the cups could be, I have not really search/study much about food scale. Thanks so much.
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Also it's only 2 weeks in. I know...just need some encouragement.[/quote]

Hang in there. It will pay off. Patience and persistence. Sending encouragement!!
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Agree you need a food scale.

Also you just started walking. If you were sedentary before, your muscles might be hanging on to extra water to repair themselves. This is common when people start a new exercise program. You aren't "gaining muscle" but your muscles will swell up with water as they repair, and it will cause scale weight to go up (but it's just water).
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thanks @MommyMeggo That was a helpful video. I really did not know how off the cups could be, I have not really search/study much about food scale. Thanks so much.
    Cups and spoons are waaaaay off! I personally found this out when my food scale broke and couldn't get another for a couple of months. I love using a food scale.

You're doing great! Keep going. :) Slow and steady does win the race!

Ps... my scale doesn't like me, and I don't like it. ;)