Do not eat....

Options

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    This is a really serious deal. I have to help out everyone here. So here it is.........Do not try Plain nonfat Greek yogurt.....It tastes like poo. Glad i could help.

It's better when you put M&M's in it.
  • citizenryan82
    Options
    The plan non fat greek yogurt is best used in place of sour cream or even mayo for some dishes. I made a wicked good Black Bean and Chicken Salad with fresh shredded breast meat, tablespoon NF Greek Yogurt, 1/4 cup black beans, poppy seeds, red pepper flakes, celary, and a dash or McCormicks taco seasoning. I served it between two pieces of romaine.
  • taycheese
    taycheese Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I like it with honey or cut up granny smith apples
  • alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The plan non fat greek yogurt is best used in place of sour cream or even mayo for some dishes. I made a wicked good Black Bean and Chicken Salad with fresh shredded breast meat, tablespoon NF Greek Yogurt, 1/4 cup black beans, poppy seeds, red pepper flakes, celary, and a dash or McCormicks taco seasoning. I served it between two pieces of romaine.

I do this too. I love sour cream on my baked potatoes and tacos, and when I switched I barely noticed the difference. I can't say that I could eat it by the spoonful though. I definitely view it as a condiment!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    68qyyf.gif
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    68qyyf.gif

HOLY CRAP. Thanks for nightmare fuel...:sick:
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Mix it with a pack of jello chocolate pudding powder, and it's the most heavenly thing ever. o:
    Can't wait to try this! Thanks!

Me too!
    You can try different flavors too. (: My last batch was a half-packet of chocolate with a half-packet of vanilla. I'm a big frosting person, and this is an excellent substitute to my frosting cravings because it's so creamy.
  • CalamaD
    CalamaD Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The Jell-O pudding idea is genius!
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I love it. Plain especially. The other types are way too sweet.

This. Plain non-fat greek yogurt is the best!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I agree you have to add stuff to it make plain Greek yogurt good. I use it in chicken salad instead of Mayo!

Add some sweetener, lemon juice, and cayenne. Microvave for a few seconds and you have a sweet and spicy dip.
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/show/2160

Or add chocolate protein and 1 tbs. PB2, it's so good
  • leroyizzy
    leroyizzy Posts: 55
    Options
    Someone please let the Greeks know.... that is sour cream not yogurt :laugh:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I ate a big ol' scoop of plain greek yogurt yesterday. I must love poo?
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I occasionally use it as sour cream
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    .....Do not try Plain nonfat Greek yogurt.....It tastes like poo. Glad i could help.

Makes one wonder just how much poo has been eaten in order to make such a claim.

Ha! Troll alert. Stalk his thread about giving up.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    .....Do not try Plain nonfat Greek yogurt.....It tastes like poo. Glad i could help.

Makes one wonder just how much poo has been eaten in order to make such a claim.

Ha! Troll alert. Stalk his thread about giving up.

I'm referring to the OP...
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    This is a really serious deal. I have to help out everyone here. So here it is.........Do not try Plain nonfat Greek yogurt.....It tastes like poo. Glad i could help.

HAHAHHA i have to disagree with the poo part ( since i dont know how THAT tastes thankfully) but, the first time i tried it alone i couldnt spit it out fast enough or wipe off my tongue long enough . Now i find it tastes like im eating sour cream right out of the container.

I use Dannon Oikos fat free plain.....i mix my own fruit in there or add nuts or my favorite is a scoop of my chocolate protein powder and its like having chocolate pudding.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I know it's good with other stuff. I tried it just by it's self and I really did have to spit it out. I will try it with protein powder though. I liked that idea.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I love it. Plain especially. The other types are way too sweet.

Yep!
    I mix chocolate protein powder and/or fresh fruit in it with chai seeds if i'm craving sweetness a dab of honey does the trick. I also make this amaizing dill dressing with it for pasta salad and it's makes a great dressing for corn salad too.
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Mix it with a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dip powder and its great to use as a veggie dip!

Yes it does! I love Greek yogurt. I eat it all the time and substitute for sour cream always. The first time I tried it, I actually thought I'd bought sour cream by mistake. My 6 year old loves it plain also!
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I ate a big ol' scoop of plain greek yogurt yesterday. I must love poo?

LOL! I love poo, too I guess!