It's my birthday I need help

Options
JawnL
JawnL Posts: 1 Member
Do calories count if it's your birthday?

Replies

• AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I still log my calories, but I don't give a flying f ant them. It's your birthday have a blast and just continue on like usual the day after.

• gravexgirl
    gravexgirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday!
    Why don't you just have ONE "cheat" meal or snack, as opposed to just eating whatever you want ALL day? Think smaller to minimize the damage! =) Enjoy your special day.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I still logged on my birthday but I was lax about being at/under goal. No way was I passing up ice cream cake or a mini confetti vanilla cupcake - especially not on my birthday. I would log it but just focus on enjoying your day! It is a celebration after all!
    Happy Birthday! :)
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Nope! lol
    Everything in moderation, enjoy! :)
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I kinda logged on my birthday ...went WAY over. Didn't care. I had red velvet cake :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Never!

Honestly I relax a bit and celebrate with good food, family, and friends. One day won't ruin everything.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Yes they do ..... but it is your birthday enjoy it ...... if you go over get back on track the next day !!!!
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    JawnL wrote: »

Happy birthday!

Of course they count, but they weigh as much as you want to make them on your birthday as with any other day.

Portion control is a good plan.

But enjoying your day of food is a better plan.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday
    Unfortunately, a 0 calorie day is not one of your presents.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yes unfortunately calories still count.

It doesn't mean you can't enjoy it and get back to it tomorrow though.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Nah. Well, they might want me to count them, but I don't.
  • michelleg85
    michelleg85 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    calories absolutely do not count today! but they do tomorrow and will still be in your belly. Save me a piece of cake!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    JawnL wrote: »

Hell no. Enjoy! Happy birthday!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    nope!

i log them, but dont care what they are! ;)
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Times calories don't count:
    -birthday
    -Christmas
    -thanksgiving
    -Easter brunch

Lol;p
  • cookielover_96
    cookielover_96 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    No cause yolo
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Yes, but the only thing that really matters is the long term trend. If today is just a blip on the radar, it is ultimately meaningless. Just go back to your plan tomorrow. If today throws you off the rails and you go on a 3 week food bender...yeah...that's going to pack on the pounds. Up to you what happens.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You have to decide how much you care and accept that if you go way over your calorie goal because calories don't count for a birthday, holiday or vacation that you might not see a loss for a bit. Have what you want but don't whine about the result later.
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I banked 700 calories during the 7 days before my birthday. Add those 700 to my calories that I had on the day. I only went over the next by 4 or 500. I took those off the following week. So I broke even over the long haul. That's with cake and all. i was concerned I would go over on my sodium is why I was so carefull and it worked. My blood pressure stayed level for the week. I didn't want my blood pressure going up and be riding my new bike the next day.
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    They still count (though a 0 cal day would be a great gift), but eat what you want and treat yourself! After all, these occasions aren't everyday, enjoy and happy birthday! :)