The scale is not budging... Suggestions/Help Please!

Options
I put the scale away a month ago and decided to weigh-in monthly. I got on with anticipation this morning and NOTHING, it hasn't moved, not even an ounce! I do notice difference, in clothes and in my fitness level so I know I've lost a little but it would be nice to see it on the scale. I also took pictures and measured this morning so that I will have multiple ways to track my progress.

I want to see some action on the scale or just more progress. I've been on MFP for about 6 months but I've been logging everything that I eat, good and bad, consistently for the past 2 1/2 months. I also do cardio at least 4x week consistently and weight training maybe once... not so consistent with that. Tips, advice, similar situations with success, etc... please share.

Replies

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    You could get some good advice if you would open your diary so we can see what/how much you're eating.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    If you have noticed a difference then you shouldn't be worrying what the scale says. I don't really worry what the scale says, I watch for regular differences in my vascularity and muscle definition even if the scale hasn't budged. Weighing yourself is never consistent because it is near impossible to get EXACTLY the same circumstances as the last time e.g the exact same amount of water weight, the same amount of waste in your body etc. You also under eat quite a lot, when your calories are saying to eat 1400+ before exercise you are eating 1000 and sometimes less, and on some days it is saying over 2000 from exercise and you are still eating under 1000, this will not be good for your metabolism long term, try and hit your daily goal.:)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I agree with aly! Checking out your diary for the past week or more, I'd say you might want to try eating more. Your daily goal is just that - a GOAL that you are supposed to meet, not come in 500-700+ calories under.

MFP is set up that your daily goal has a deficit built in already. Meaning eat to goal every day, do zero exercise, and you'll lose weight. Your exercise burns, some as much as 600 cals, are creating an even larger deficit, too large, which can cause problems rather than progress for you. On many of the days where you've logged exercise, you're netting about 1000 cals, tops, which isn't enough food. :noway:

Food is fuel, and you gotta fuel that body if you want it to function well and burn the fat. Eat too little for too long and you're giving the body a reason to store fat rather than burn it.
  • Ashli_Renee
    Ashli_Renee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you have noticed a difference then you shouldn't be worrying what the scale says. I don't really worry what the scale says, I watch for regular differences in my vascularity and muscle definition even if the scale hasn't budged. Weighing yourself is never consistent because it is near impossible to get EXACTLY the same circumstances as the last time e.g the exact same amount of water weight, the same amount of waste in your body etc. You also under eat quite a lot, when your calories are saying to eat 1400+ before exercise you are eating 1000 and sometimes less, and on some days it is saying over 2000 from exercise and you are still eating under 1000, this will not be good for your metabolism long term, try and hit your daily goal.:)

I will up my food intake. For some reason, I thought that eating the extra calories I earned from exercise was bad. I usually aim to stay at my goal of 1400 regardless of exercise. Thanks for the advice