Garcinia Cambogia

Options
Has anyone tried garcinia cambogia? Its a pill thats supposed to help you lose weight and I've heard a lot of good things about it. I feel like it would be a good little extra kick to get weight loss started and I'm going to try it. If anyone has tried it let me know what you think about it. Does it work?

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    No. It literally does nothing. Save your money.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    It's tamarind nothing else. Have a nice lunch at an Indian restaurant if you think it'll work....which it won't
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    No. It literally does nothing. Save your money.

This^^
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I tried it. For about 2 months, and I don't recommend it. I did seem to curb cravings a bit, but it had bad side effects. The first time I ate something fatty (lasagna) after taking it I had gas so bad I went to the emergency room. The doctors there thought my appendix had burst...an MRI and some embarrassment later I was on my way home with a $300 MRI bill and some beano.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Tried it. It did nothing. Don't waste your money.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't the better question be: what do the studies/science say about it? Rather than personal opinion?

Fwiw, it's been fairly well studied and shows no positive results: https://examine.com/supplements/garcinia-cambogia/
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I tried it. For about 2 months, and I don't recommend it. I did seem to curb cravings a bit, but it had bad side effects. The first time I ate something fatty (lasagna) after taking it I had gas so bad I went to the emergency room. The doctors there thought my appendix had burst...an MRI and some embarrassment later I was on my way home with a $300 MRI bill and some beano.

It's more likely the food you ate that caused you the gas problem
  • cdstewart51115
    cdstewart51115 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    And because the overwhelming population that believed Dr Oz and wasted money on yet another 'get skinny fast' pill, he lost major credibility in my eyes. #anythingtomakeabuck
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    It's really good at lightening your wallet. That's all.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried garcinia cambogia? Its a pill thats supposed to help you lose weight and I've heard a lot of good things about it. I feel like it would be a good little extra kick to get weight loss started and I'm going to try it. If anyone has tried it let me know what you think about it. Does it work?

If it worked, like really worked...everyone would use it and you wouldnt need to ask. :)
    Nothing replaces a calorie deficit. And unless you teach yourself to eat in moderation and use portion control no pill can help. Sorry!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Nope. Waste of money.