Arms & Legs

Options
Ok so since January i have been doing diet and exercise on my own. I have sucessfully lost 48lbs. I know i have a long way to go but I mainly am doing Cardio seeing I don't know much about weight training. With weight loss comes saggy ugly arms and legs! I am looking for the best way to tighten these up and something that has good results. Any thoughts please and thank you!

Replies

• jemd8749
    jemd8749 Posts: 6
    Options
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Stay away from isolation movements focusing on your arms until you build some basic strength. Your arms are a very small part of your body and will be trained if you focus on full body workouts. Your legs, on the other hand, deserve specific attention. Check out Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe for an excellent beginner's program. It focuses on free weights which give you the benefit of natural joint movements and compound multi-joint movements which give you the most benefit. Other popular books that focus on compound movements and progressive overload are The New Rules of Lifting For Women and Strong Lifts 5x5. My personal favorite is Jim Wendler's 5/3/1, but I think Starting Strength is the better book for beginners as the author spends a good deal of time on form and correction of form issues.