Carbohydrates: Fat : Protein %

Options
ying_ax
ying_ax Posts: 71 Member
How do you guys eat?
What is the best % for people who want to get lean? Not loosing weight tho just get lean.
Thanks so much!!

Replies

• cookielover_96
    cookielover_96 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I go by 40:30:30. I'm fairly lean.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    10c/20p/70f.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The best ratio is one you can stick to.

I tried some different splits but settled with 70 grams of fat and protein, and the rest carbs, for the last part of my loss. I'm 5'3" and those are within the appropriate range for me. Ability to create delicious meals is important, IMO. Transitioning to maintenance I kept the fat and protein amounts, which changed my macros to 49C 35F 16P, and I eat that on average. Don't track anymore, but I eat the same way as when I did, and have maintained goal weight for 17 months - today :D
  • ying_ax
    Options
    I go by 40:30:30. I'm fairly lean.

Thanks!
  • ying_ax
    Options
    The best ratio is one you can stick to.

I tried some different splits but settled with 70 grams of fat and protein, and the rest carbs, for the last part of my loss. I'm 5'3" and those are within the appropriate range for me. Ability to create delicious meals is important, IMO. Transitioning to maintenance I kept the fat and protein amounts, which changed my macros to 49C 35F 16P, and I eat that on average. Don't track anymore, but I eat the same way as when I did, and have maintained goal weight for 17 months - today :D

Thanks! That's very helpful.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    15/15/70...much better. ;)