Ladies what do you do differently during TOM?

Options
2»

Replies

• dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Wear underwear instead of going commando when I workout
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    GYATagain wrote: »
    I do post-menopause! Hey, there has to be some kind of perk to all the hot flashes (gone now) and weird weight gain.... Sorry, ladies! I do remember (not fondly) going through all of that. It is actually better on the other side of the "hill"!

Heh, yes, there's got to be a bright side to this!
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I don't change much. I get very tired & hungry 2 days before, and that sometimes makes me less active, but I work hard to keep within my daily macro targets. I try to stay as active as possible, but sometimes that means doubly up on protection to prevent movement-related accidents (my apologies for the TMI - someone earlier said yoga, and I'm like, yeah not on those days).
  • Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I stay away from the scale. At all costs.
  • yayoj81
    yayoj81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    coalz wrote: »
    Perhaps it's my British upbringing but I agree tea is amazing!! and there seems to be quite the variety these days, for whatever ails you. I bet you could go to the grocery store or online & there's a tea for TOM ; )
    I tend to feel the same way as you!! (y is chocolate & cheese such an amazing combo?!) So what I do is switch over to chocolate flavor protein powder for healthy smoothies & use lots of cacao. "They" say dark chocolate is actually good for you in small portions so start nibbling!
    As far as cheese & carbs, I have yet to figure that one out myself. So, you'll have to let me know what you find! Other than that just honor your body & if you want to take it easy for a day or 2 that's ok. Go for a walk instead of a run, try out a yoga class, or call up an old friend burn calories & work on your abs as you laugh your *kitten* off reminiscing. Hope this helps! Btw I'm new here & would love to make some friends for motivation & support.

Try out Teavana. They have an amazing tea selection.
  • tnm7760
    tnm7760 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Other than take some Tylenol and maybe go to bed with a hot pad, nothing. Same food, same exercise, same snacks. If I'm grumpy I might stay away from people more, lol. But I try not to let it affect me.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    Options
    When my appetite spikes up a few days before my period starts I switch to eating maintenance level calories for a few days.

I continue to exercise until my heavy days, at which point loss of sleep and blood reduces my energy level from an 10 to a 0.5.
  • saraAmcd
    saraAmcd Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I give myself a one day pass to be sedentary. And I try very hard to ignore the scale.
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate squares. Yeaaaaah
  • Dana_E
    Dana_E Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm usually craving salty stuff, so I make sure I have lots of gourmet type pickles and jarred peppers on hand. I also have little dark, dark chocolates on hand. They have lots of iron, so it's no wonder we crave chocolate at that TOM! I don't worry a bit about water weight because I'll pee it off or sweat it out later. I try to build in a free day because I usually have a pantry-raid right before TOM.