Day 10! Finding hard to stay motivated

Options
Hi everyone,

I have a goal to loose about 50 lbs. I have been trying to loose weight for long time. I read success stories of people which do give me motivation but still I find it difficult to stay motivated. One day I am burning 500 calories and other day it will be 200. I just can't stay at a constant pace.
Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• mrsbsdean2016
    mrsbsdean2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2! , and I have a goal to lose 100 lbs I think I am a master at making excuses but my motivation is really strong. My motto has become "because there is no reason not to". I work out because there is no reason not to. I am eating healthier because there is no reason not to. Don't focus on the numbers everyday. Make an effort to eat healthier everyday and no matter what the numbers say, you are healthier. Just my thoughts :)
  • incrediblejass
    incrediblejass Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wish you success & wish the same for me. Thanks for the motivation.
  • dsasamot
    dsasamot Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Get a walking buddy or have a friend hold you accountable to track your own food. That is what has worked for me.
  • incrediblejass
    incrediblejass Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea. May be i have to motivate my husband harder to begin a journey together. I will try it!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be consistent day to day, just over time. Start with a goal to burn 500 calories three times a week. Once you are consistent with that, you can move onto a new goal.

It helps me to set concrete goals. Right now, I want to be able to go up this HUGE set of stairs without stopping to catch my breath.