New but not really

Options
I've been using My Fitness Pal for a few years however I have made a new account and only recently discovered that you can make friends. I'm 18 and trying my best to accept my body. I'm 5'5" and 140lbs and by no means overweight however I struggled with body image and eating disorders for years. I'm slowly learning to accept my body the way it is and while I'd still like to change things about it, I'm trying to do things the healthy way. I started seriously getting control over my health back in December. I had gained 30lbs and went from weighing 110lbs to 140lbs. It was the most stressful thing in the entire world for me. I haven't seen a whole lot of difference in weight since I started going to the gym but that might be because I'm burning fat and gaining muscle. What I have noticed is my body being able to do things I never dreamed it would be able to. Next step is to get my eating in line. I struggle with that the most. I'm going to start by cutting out my daily french vanilla's or mocha's as it will cut down on sugar and calories. We'll build up from there. If anyone would like to join me on this journey, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers xx
Dayna

Replies

• susanhung22
    susanhung22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hi :D make sure to keep going hard at the gym!! and good choice for cutting your daily mocha :D. just sent you a friend request :)
  • 111bash111
    111bash111 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great realization, and welcome back to the community.

Work hard and keep at it.
  • aimeebragg3
    aimeebragg3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm going through something similar. Feel free to add me.
  • battyg1313
    battyg1313 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me people