Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Random weight gain??

So I've been doing Weight Watchers and using MFP for over a year now, lost 53lbs to far but not done any more exercise than walking the dog. I thought it was about time I got off my backside so I've upped the walking and gone to a couple of exercise classes this week (LBT and circuit. So unfit I can't walk/ get up/ sit down without groaning in pain!) I am now 3lbs heavier than I was last week!! I've Googled this but people just say "you're probably eating more as a reward". Well, no. I count my points and/ or calories and eat between 1300 and 1500 cals a day. I get weighed in at class and I know they're going to look at me like I'm lying when I say I've stuck to plan. I had a cheat day on weigh in day as I do every week and it's not affected my loss before. My weight has literally climbed steadily every day. Can anyone offer an explanation for this please?

Replies

• anthony150paolucci
    anthony150paolucci Posts: 85 Member
    It could very well be water weight gain. If you eat foods high in sodium the night before your weigh in, that can definitely affect the scale weight. I don't know what conditions you weigh yourself under, but try to avoid high sodium foods the day before your weigh in and weigh yourself under the same circumstances. I highly doubt you gained 3 lbs of fat in the course of a week if you are eating 1300-1500 calories a day.
  • angelinhell
    angelinhell Posts: 56 Member
    It could very well be water weight gain. If you eat foods high in sodium the night before your weigh in, that can definitely affect the scale weight. I don't know what conditions you weigh yourself under, but try to avoid high sodium foods the day before your weigh in and weigh yourself under the same circumstances. I highly doubt you gained 3 lbs of fat in the course of a week if you are eating 1300-1500 calories a day.

I've been steadily gaining the weight all week (I weigh every day) it's just going up and up and up!
  • anthony150paolucci
    anthony150paolucci Posts: 85 Member
    It could still be water weight gain, but it really isn't a good idea to weigh yourself after a treat day. Your weight would be sure to go up (it could also mess with your head), but it wouldn't be real fat, just extra water weight. If you continue to see a trend that your weight continues to climb, maybe it is time for calorie readjustment. It is best to know exactly how many calories you are eating so you are as consistent as possible instead of a 1300-1500 range.