Help - don't know what to do at the gym!

Options
Short story - I do crossfit 2-3 days a week and have access to a gym the other days. I want to work out 6 days/week, but I'm struggling with WHAT to do on those other 3-4 days. Suggestions?

Longer story - we do a lot of strength training at my CF box already. Should I add in 1 or 2 more days of weights and the rest cardio? Or should I throw in a day of yoga? Or do all strength and forget cardio/yoga?
My goals right now are pretty simple - lose 20 lbs while maintaining as much muscle as possible. Not looking to compete in anything or do any races, etc.

Replies

• deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Oh and I should add that my gym is pretty lame : Just cardio machines, weight machines, and dumbbells. No power/squat rack :(

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion, I would definitely not skip cardio or yoga. They both have so much to offer your overall well being. If you do a lot of weight at CF than the next day go for a walk, a run, a swim or do yoga. Try to mix it up as much as you can. Just listen to your body, if it wants to move than move.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Just to add a little note....go to Popsugar Fitness and it will create workouts for whatever you want to accomplish. It's a pretty neat site.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Just to add a little note....go to Popsugar Fitness and it will create workouts for whatever you want to accomplish. It's a pretty neat site.

Cool, i will check it out. Thanks!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    If you're doing full-body strength training at CF, and it's challenging, you've got the strength covered, and adding more could lead to overtraining.
    Technically, no exercise is needed to lose fat - only a calorie deficit. But if your lifestyle is rather sedentary, it would be good to add some cardio or other lower intensity exercise on your non CF days, for general health. :+1: